Anglesey North Wales

Jason.H

Visit site
Hi I’m having a week away in Anglesey in March and wondered if anybody has played golf there. Any course recommendations.
I will call in and play North Wales gc on the way.

Skytot

Visit site
Hi I’m having a week away in Anglesey in March and wondered if anybody has played golf there. Any course recommendations.
I will call in and play North Wales gc on the way.
Has it improved NWGC ? Played it late May last year and we were all disappointed in the condition of it . Thought Maesdu across the rail track was in much better condition. Think NW gets over played , the course was packed , every hire trolley & buggy was booked out .

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played these all a few times
Henllys, Beaumaris. Beautiful views of Snowdon. My favourite but uphill drag to 3rd and 4th tees.
Bull Bay.
Holyhead (but poor clubhouse).

Last edited:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I've played Holyhead, Anglesey and Bull Bay and enjoyed them all.
But don't expect finely manicured fairways etc, these courses are run on a budget but that's their charm in my eyes, golf a bit closer to its roots when fairways were cut by the sheep.
Bull Bay will be in the best condition and has some great views but all are great fun. Holyhead and Anglesey might be a little short for modern gear if you're a long hitter.

Last edited:

Skytot

Visit site
Playing Conwy , Prestatyn & Maesdu in May . Never played Prestatyn, anyone got any opinions on it ?

Kennysarmy

Visit site
I'm up on the Llyn Peninsula in early April and this was my shortlist:

Aberdovey - 1hr 42 -
Bull Bay - 1hr - Anglesey
Conwy - 50 mins
N. Wales Golf Club - Llandudno - 1hr

With distance from our cottage - some may be near to your location.

Buckles01

Visit site
Again not on Anglesey but less than an hour away, Pwllheli Golf Club is well worth a look. Stunning back 9 by the sea. Unlike Nefyn you’re unlikely to find a family having a picnic in the middle of a fairway or kid’s building sandcastles in a bunker.

webbedrobin

Visit site
Prestatyn is one of my favourite courses in North Wales and, with 'value for money' taken into account, it may well be top of the list.

I would also recommend Bull Bay and Conwy; Conwy being a very high quality course.

I'll give St.Deiniol (Bangor) a mention. Designed by James Braid, it's hilly, quirky and fun.

CountLippe

Visit site
North Wales really is good for golf. Loads of good courses and generally well priced (Conwy do an afternoon and a twilight rate).

On Anglesey, Bull Bay is hilly and windy, Holyhead is gorse heaven especially from the back, Henllys more traditional parkland. The courses around Llandudno are great too. Conwy proper championship links, Maesdu is a course of 2 parts - parkland to start and finish, with fantastic heathland in the middle. North Wales is rough and ready with some really good holes (and some micky mouse ones). On the llyn, you've got Nefyn, Abersoch and Pwhelli. The former famous for the peninsula holes, the latter 2 half links half parkland.

Crumplezone

Visit site
I've played all the courses on Anglesey and enjoyed them all. At Bull Bay, ravens may steal your balls. Which they did! Nefyn is good, the 9 holes of the point especially.

D

Deleted member 21258

If you are playing in March, unless it stays dry, then I would say play a links course like Conwy.

Henllys is a fun course tho and some great/maddish holes and worth playing, if its been dryish.

Have a great time, lovely area