Android GPS app.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Until recently I've been a big fan of SkyDroid, but it's somehow disappeared from my phone!
For some reason I can't find anywhere to download it ........................... except for Apple's App Store, I have an android phone!
SkyDroid doesn't appear to be available from Google Play store any more, so I'm a bit stuck.
Contacting SkyDroid has so far been a waste of time.
Can anyone recommend a golf GPS app that's simple to use and gives distances to hazards as well as green front/centre/back.
I'm not overly fussed about scoring functionality, but large fonts would be good!
Also, free would be good.
Thanks all.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys.
Tonight I'll attempt to transfer the SkyDroid app from an old phone of mine onto my current phone.
If unsuccessful, I'll be investigating your advised apps.
Again, thanks guys. (y)

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
BOOM.
Managed to transfer the app from old phone to current phone.
All I have to do is go to the course to see whether it works or not.

MikeJackson

Banned
Visit site
You could try is Golf Pad. It's a free app that provides distances to hazards and the green front/center/back. It also offers shot tracking, club recommendations, and scoring functionality, but you can choose to ignore those features if you prefer. The app has customizable font sizes, so you can make sure the text is easy to read while you're out on the course. Modern applications are very multifunctional and thanks to companies such as https://smartengines.com/ apps will get better and better.

Last edited:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Just downloaded hole 19 based on above recommendation, I'll give it a go at the weekend as I'm currently garminless

C7usk

Visit site
You could try is Golf Pad. It's a free app that provides distances to hazards and the green front/center/back. It also offers shot tracking, club recommendations, and scoring functionality, but you can choose to ignore those features if you prefer. The app has customizable font sizes, so you can make sure the text is easy to read while you're out on the course.
I use Golf Pad also... Really impressed and had no issues... Also use golf now compete.. You can set your groups handicaps and as long as people update their rounds as you play it gives you a live leaderboard.. That's been great especially on away days with a few groups. Really adds to the competition knowing the other groups scores.. This can be stableford also.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I’m on iPhone but also use hole19 the free version also has a native GPS Apple Watch app which offers front/middle/back and SI. Best free app by a mile!