And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Good window for Leicester, only lost Kante and let Inler go, but picked up Slimani, Musa, Mendy, Kapustka, Hernandez, & Zieler. Strengthens the squad nicely ahead of the Champions League adventure.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My word, I went to bed with a heavy heart last night. What a relief to find out Sissoko went to Tottenham. Dodged a bullet there. We are still a keeper and striker short but at least we have not wasted £30m on a waste of space with no heart.

In answer to LB, I would take Wijnaldum over Sissoko but not at the price you paid and frankly I wouldn't take either in reality. Newcastle have played a blinder in getting the fees they managed for both of them.

Maybe both will be better in decent teams but they will have to improve a LOT. Both disappear far too easily.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
My word, I went to bed with a heavy heart last night. What a relief to find out Sissoko went to Tottenham. Dodged a bullet there. We are still a keeper and striker short but at least we have not wasted £30m on a waste of space with no heart.

In answer to LB, I would take Wijnaldum over Sissoko but not at the price you paid and frankly I wouldn't take either in reality. Newcastle have played a blinder in getting the fees they managed for both of them.

Maybe both will be better in decent teams but they will have to improve a LOT. Both disappear far too easily.

It is great that Sissoko was £30m. It means my own value has rocketed to £25m :D

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Come on now, Stoke have had a good window. Bony in particular is a good signing for you. Imagine how depressed you'd be if you were a Baggy. Now that is a team determined to do a Villa.

D

Deleted member 16999

reports sturridge wanted a loan move to Arsenal??

Apparently his agents approached Arsenal, he didn't ask LPool to be released.
Sakho refused to go on loan at Klopps request also being reported.
The good ship Anfield might be heading for stormy waters😃

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Apparently his agents approached Arsenal, he didn't ask LPool to be released.
Sakho refused to go on loan at Klopps request also being reported.
The good ship Anfield might be heading for stormy waters

Ah, the old Evertonian taxi driver rumours......we'll be ok mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.