And, we’re off.......2018/2019

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
who will go first....Jose or Paul.
Tough decision that. To get rid of Jose would show a total curtailing to player power that could have an long term impact but Pogba is a hundred million pound asset and Jose is not.
My thought, get rid of them both, clearly issues with Jose and Pogba is a bad influence so ditch both and the club saves face.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Derby deserved the victory last night. Their work rate was phenomenal. It was also a strong Man Utd team that looked up for the game in the first half. The passion when the penalties went in demonstrated that. Even before the sending off, the sides were at best even (with my red tinted glasses on). IMO it speaks volumes as to our tactical problems, and the finger can be only pointed to one place..........

@Pbrown - You still think he's worth sticking with ;)

so sack the manager and let the player run the show?
If they don't want to play for the boss and think they are bigger than the club do one!
About time some players realised the old adage that hard work will beat talent if talent doesn't work hard. Take some individual and collective responsibility! Don't just stand there and blame someone else.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
So Pogba should just ignore Mourinho's instructions and get the team to play differently than he sets them up? There's very little Pogba can do to take responsibility while Mourinho continues to fail to manage the resources at his disposal.

D

Deleted member 1740

so sack the manager and let the player run the show?
If they don't want to play for the boss and think they are bigger than the club do one!
About time some players realised the old adage that hard work will beat talent if talent doesn't work hard. Take some individual and collective responsibility! Don't just stand there and blame someone else.

I agree with you to an extent. If pogba's personal perfornances were of a standard he's capable of producing on a consistent basis then fair do's but i dont think they have been.

That said, we dont know what JM is asking Pogba to do tactically. It seems to me that hes got the shackles on Pogba from the bits ive seen of him this season.

Players need to take responsibility as do managers. JM has been quite critical of the players publically on occassions, whats good for the goose, is good for the Gander, no?

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
I agree with you to an extent. If pogba's personal perfornances were of a standard he's capable of producing on a consistent basis then fair do's but i dont think they have been.

That said, we dont know what JM is asking Pogba to do tactically. It seems to me that hes got the shackles on Pogba from the bits ive seen of him this season.

Players need to take responsibility as do managers. JM has been quite critical of the players publically on occassions, whats good for the goose, is good for the Gander, no?

JM has been overly critical in public at times and wrongly so. This season he has said hes not going to pick individuals out public and doesn't seem to have.

From what i believe he offered an olive branch to PP with the captaincy but after the remarks at the weekend and his desire to leave its been revoked (rightly so IMO).

If the players do and asked and tactic fail fair enough comment that more attacking is needed, but when you lose the ball on half way and throw your arms up in the air and saunter back and the other team scores your gonna get a rollocking!
I would be on a schoolboy for that let alone a WC winner.

I don't recall too much attack attack attack from France (and there coach got the FIFA best award) when they stopped Belguim playing in the WC as the result was the main thing.

Sell and make sure that (infraction) of an agent doesnt get a single penny!!!!!

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not much loss to the premier league tbh.. his ability doesn’t match his ego

4 goals and an assist in 7 games this season. For a central midfielder that has been shackled tactically by his manager that is very impressive. United need to cut Mourinho loose, his ego has been off the charts this season and it's almost as if he's trying to get sacked. Losing Mourinho would be a far less significant loss in the long-term than letting Pogba go.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
4 goals**** and an assist in 7 games this season. For a central midfielder that has been shackled tactically by his manager that is very impressive. United need to cut Mourinho loose, his ego has been off the charts this season and it's almost as if he's trying to get sacked. Losing Mourinho would be a far less significant loss in the long-term than letting Pogba go.

*****including 3 penalties.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mourinho's comment after last night, "The penalties come, somebody has to miss. I knew we were going to be in trouble with Jones and Eric" . Someone please explain to me the genius of Jose's man management? He puts his players down time and time again. Why would any player under him bust a gut?

D

Deleted member 15344

4 goals and an assist in 7 games this season. For a central midfielder that has been shackled tactically by his manager that is very impressive. United need to cut Mourinho loose, his ego has been off the charts this season and it's almost as if he's trying to get sacked. Losing Mourinho would be a far less significant loss in the long-term than letting Pogba go.
I think that’s exactly what happens when you look at stats only - they don’t tell the whole story. 3 of his goals have come from the spot.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mourinho's comment after last night, "The penalties come, somebody has to miss. I knew we were going to be in trouble with Jones and Eric" . Someone please explain to me the genius of Jose's man management? He puts his players down time and time again. Why would any player under him bust a gut?

They don't take penalties, he would be right to be concerned.

It's a fairly honest comment.

Twisted by people paid to fill airtime & empty paper.

Would you prefer Pogba or Jones to take a penalty for your life?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's not for your life though. He's part of your team, he's down because he missed and his manager comes out publicly and pretty much puts the boot in. The bloke needs building up after that, not nailing by his own boss.

Even though he doesn't mean it Jose should flat out lie and tell the press he was totally confident in Jones taking that penalty. His manner with his players is odd.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well they could sack Maureen and bring back Moyes - he still has a year left on his original contract

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sometimes it's just so miserable to be a United supporter .............................. especially with Liverpool playing such good football.
The video that Phil posted, to my eyes, shows PP trying to be upbeat but JM soon puts paid to that.
He may be a good coach but he's abysmal as a man manager.
In fact, I don't even think he's a good coach anymore.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's not for your life though. He's part of your team, he's down because he missed and his manager comes out publicly and pretty much puts the boot in. The bloke needs building up after that, not nailing by his own boss.

Even though he doesn't mean it Jose should flat out lie and tell the press he was totally confident in Jones taking that penalty. His manner with his players is odd.

I get your point. But have no idea if it's relevant or not.

You've no idea what he said to Jones after the game. So you're effectively speculating.

He could easily have taken him to one side and said "don't worry about it, it shouldn't come down to you, you did your best."

He's not the pantomime villain the press make out, and people readily believe. Insinuations that he is, based on speculation, wind me up - and here I'm referring to press / 'pundits' as opposed to you :)

Granted he doesn't help himself but sometimes I wonder how I'd handle all the made up BS if it was about me/my team.

The truth, as always, probably lies somewhere in the middle.

In the Times, the day before the game, Lampard was keen to highlight the lengths Mourhino went to looking out for him, calling him regularly from Italy after his mum died.

A genuine level of humanity that won't be referred to often as it doesn't suit certain agendas.