And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

Well at least there is a goal worthy of winning any game - shame the ref had too big a say in it.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bit of a crazy night in La Liga. Barca lose 2-1 to Leganes. Real now 3-0 down Sevilla after 39 mins and Sevilla hit the bar earlier. On a related Sevilla note - Ben Yedder is such a gun. Think this will be a breakthrough season for him before a big money move next summer!

D

Deleted member 18121

Quality from Hazard tonight... What a player.

From a Liverpool point of view (for me) it was the perfect result. Blooded a lot of the fringe players, and learned a lot about them, should have taken more chances to end it long before any of the controversy happened..... And I'm not going to say I'm happy to be out of that cup but if we have aspirations of big things this season then some less games is a bonus for us.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If you're going to lose, then better to lose to a quality finish like that rather than a bounce in off a shin. If Liverpool are looking to feature on the big stages of the PL and CL then adam6177 could be right and fewer games could help. Not sure Klopp will overly disappointed in the scheme of things

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With Jose he loves the publicity, he encourages it, so I'm not sure he is able to play the hard done to role even when it's true. I get that he may and probably did put an arm around Jones in the dressing room but that goes out of the window when you dump on him in public.

I also read the Lampard quotes about him. They were very personal and positive, not just the usual stuff that is churned out.
I make Jose right about Pogba though.. posting on Instagram during the game was inappropriate and unprofessional

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hazard is amazing now. Top 5 attackers in the world without a doubt.

That Sturridge miss was on his right peg so of course he missed. His right leg might as well be made of wood, he only needs it for standing on.

D

Deleted member 18121

That Sturridge miss was on his right peg so of course he missed. His right leg might as well be made of wood, he only needs it for standing on.

It reminded me of the torres miss at Old trafford years back...... what makes me laugh even more about that miss is that after the CL game people had the bottle to say that he's a £50m attacker.....I'm a die hard LFC fan and even I had a good old laugh at that.

D

Deleted member 18121

Interesting reading (well for me anyways) on the VAR decision from last nights game re the chelsea first goal.

The ball was crossed in, headed, saved and then poked in from the rebound.... goal reviewed by VAR as per normal procedures and then awarded by the officials. Below is a copy of the VAR image that was reviewed.

On initial view there are 2 players very clearly in an offisde position that arguably interfering (or not as you deem it) with play..... but the one who gets the header is Barkley who also looks offside, but it was argued that Firminos hand was playing him onside. A guy I work with said he thought you couldn't be played onside by a body part that isn't legal use to play the ball.... so I thought I'd look into it and sure enough:

Offside position
It is not an offence to be in an offside position.

A player is in an offside position if:
  • any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
  • any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
  • The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered.
A player is not in an offside position if level with the:
  • second-last opponent or
  • last two opponents

So my question is, how can a VAR team of professionally qualified people get it wrong. VAR is supposed to correctly deal with these situations and leave no room for error.

offside.jpg

Am happy to be put right if anyone thinks I've missed the point/lost the plot.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I knew the hands and arms weren't considered. Haven't seen this goal but looks like 3 Chelsea players offside in that picture. Two clear and one borderline. The position of Morata makes it difficult to see Barkley clearly, but you can just see his left boot looks off.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Interesting reading (well for me anyways) on the VAR decision from last nights game re the chelsea first goal.

The ball was crossed in, headed, saved and then poked in from the rebound.... goal reviewed by VAR as per normal procedures and then awarded by the officials. Below is a copy of the VAR image that was reviewed.

On initial view there are 2 players very clearly in an offisde position that arguably interfering (or not as you deem it) with play..... but the one who gets the header is Barkley who also looks offside, but it was argued that Firminos hand was playing him onside. A guy I work with said he thought you couldn't be played onside by a body part that isn't legal use to play the ball.... so I thought I'd look into it and sure enough:

Offside position

• any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
  • any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
  • The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered.
  • last two opponents

So my question is, how can a VAR team of professionally qualified people get it wrong. VAR is supposed to correctly deal with these situations and leave no room for error.

View attachment 25591

Offside is a minefield.
How can the 2 that are offside not be interfering as it could mean Liverpool defending deeper than they wanted,if they weren't there the defenders could push out another 2yards deeming Barkely well offside.
Anyway football is crap just a load of pussys and diving cheats who are massively overpaid.
Not much mentioned about Kieta blatant cheating dive,funny that.

D

Deleted member 15344

Offside position

• last two opponents

View attachment 25591

It shooldnt have even got that far - it was never a free kick , is Moses still rolling around
The players didn’t help themselves last night , poor dive front Keita - why the ref didn’t card him I’ll never know , then so many silly yellow cards and players making a meal of things. And whilst it would have been harsh and it was a slight touch there was a handball by Fabregas which would have been seen by VAR

I also have no idea how Fabregas doesn’t start more often - prob played more threatening balls in 45 mins last night than Jorginho has all season

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It shooldnt have even got that far - it was never a free kick , is Moses still rolling around
The players didn’t help themselves last night , poor dive front Keita - why the ref didn’t card him I’ll never know , then so many silly yellow cards and players making a meal of things. And whilst it would have been harsh and it was a slight touch there was a handball by Fabregas which would have been seen by VAR

I also have no idea how Fabregas doesn’t start more often - prob played more threatening balls in 45 mins last night than Jorginho has all season
Ah yes, but Jorginho got the new Premier league number of passes, so he's worth every penny. In that storming 0-0 draw. :LOL: