And, we’re off.......2018/2019

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That will do nicely , nearly threw it away with a sloppy pass but brilliant from Firmino at the end , great finish. Strange tactics from PSG - so much attacking threat but don’t seem be willing to supply them and also the front three no intention of tracking etc. PSG won’t ever win the CL imo

That's a bold claim LP. With the amount of money they've got to throw at the problem surely they have a chance. They have it too easy in the French League, a bit like Celtic in the Scottish Prem over the past few years, and really need someone to challenge them domestically so they can raise their game to the next level. But with the resources at their disposal I think it's fanciful to say they "won't ever" win the CL.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
You have given two examples, the first, am sure I heard Pep shouting "get in there" ( the changing room, trying to get his players away from the fracas, hardly Maureen eye gouging moment. The second "Bravo has been poor". You are a year late with that one. The only games he more or less played last season was in the Carabao Cup where his performances for City to the final. There was nowt to gloss over coz his poor performances were the year before.
You want warts but the Club as I know does not have any.
In fact ave enjoyed me 30 day free trial of Amazon so much ave signed up for a year.

You’re essentially clueless about the actual goings-on and only indulge yourself in the glory. Maybe you were the target audience.

The best bit was the old bloke near tears when it was 2-0 at half time against United. If only that guy had known the heartache that followed.

D

Deleted member 1740

Excellent performance tonight from the boys in red, gave them a schooling andunlucky to concede in the 1st half then go in at half time 2-1.

I thought tonight was Gini's best performance in a red shirt, he was excellent. MOTM

PSG offered nothing all night, who was wearing Neymar's no.10 shirt tonight? 🤭

D

Deleted member 15344

Excellent performance tonight from the boys in red, gave them a schooling andunlucky to concede in the 1st half then go in at half time 2-1.

I thought tonight was Gini's best performance in a red shirt, he was excellent. MOTM

PSG offered nothing all night, who was wearing Neymar's no.10 shirt tonight? 🤭

I believe he was in Joe Gomez pocket for the night - not sure if he is still in it

The three guys in the middle were outstanding - Henderson just sat and the other two were just world class last night , so hard to spilt the two but Gini just squeezed it but how much would Milner be worth if he was 26 !!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I believe he was in Joe Gomez pocket for the night - not sure if he is still in it

The three guys in the middle were outstanding - Henderson just sat and the other two were just world class last night , so hard to spilt the two but Gini just squeezed it but how much would Milner be worth if he was 26 !!
He's a wierd one, like a Benjamin Button of football. I still remember him being the PL youngest scorer and looking like an attacker. I think as a youngster he just wasn't flash enough and was always the spare. He seems to fit you guys perfectly. His maturity now means he can put a shift in pretty much anywhere on the pitch.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I remember when Milner was at Newcastle. He was played as a right winger and was unquestionably the worst crosser of a ball I have ever seen as a professional. How he has evolved is quite superb, a magnificent professional and a credit to himself.

D

Deleted member 15344

He's a wierd one, like a Benjamin Button of football. I still remember him being the PL youngest scorer and looking like an attacker. I think as a youngster he just wasn't flash enough and was always the spare. He seems to fit you guys perfectly. His maturity now means he can put a shift in pretty much anywhere on the pitch.

I thought after he played left back for a season he would sort of fade away until the end of his contract playing the odd bit part but Christ the guy is a machine , he isn’t the most skillfull guy but he doesn’t seem to waste the ball , his composure is brilliant and delivery is first class - he is supposedly the fittest guy at the club and they can see him going for at least another three seasons. He is a big player for us

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
You’re essentially clueless about the actual goings-on and only indulge yourself in the glory. Maybe you were the target audience.

The best bit was the old bloke near tears when it was 2-0 at half time against United. If only that guy had known the heartache that followed.

I am clueless, but making a comment about a rubbish keeper the year before, I am not the only one in the clueless class. The differance is, I am not in denial.
The bit about the guy in tears, wasn't that what people wanted to see. As a fan, one minute your up. 45 mins later your down. That's the emotion of being a fan. Same as Bravo, one minute he is down, the next minute he's up.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I remember when Milner was at Newcastle. He was played as a right winger and was unquestionably the worst crosser of a ball I have ever seen as a professional. How he has evolved is quite superb, a magnificent professional and a credit to himself.
He's been misused his entire career, especially at Man City. I don't know why he was so often played on the right, when he didn't have the pace to be a winger - what he has a ridiculous engine and drive, suited to being a central midfield player. If he hadn't have retired from England he'd be the first name on the bloody teamsheet now.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Stu_C, any rumblings of any problems with Mane, he seemed to have quite a few chances to pass in the box but chose to shoot instead, maybe it was the same last season, I don’t know, a few players didn’t look impressed his decision making.

There has been some debate this week about a Insta post Winjanum liked moaning about Mane having a big ego.
Salah strange reaction to the winner too?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great win for the reds and fantastic atmosphere.
Very disappointed by PSG , I was expecting to see one of the best teams in Europe.
Although their tactics have been questioned they still put two past us and had a chance to take the lead.

We were wasteful in front of goal again!
We will be punished if we carry on doing that.
Happy for Sturridge but he dosnt really suit the style of play now.
We played really well but the space out wide for AA and Robbo was ridiculous if this was their tactics it nearly worked, but can see teams taking advantage of this.

VVD and Gomez looking good, midfield were awesome all three but I will give it to Gini.
Thought Salaha was sluggish ,Mane dosnt look happy with something and won’t pass to anyone.
Good win to start nice to be top of group ,

Just me or did we win a header from a corner after harassing the keeper at everyone?

D

Deleted member 1740

There has been some debate this week about a Insta post Winjanum liked moaning about Mane having a big ego.
Salah strange reaction to the winner too?

I've only just seen Pauls post, but this i the 1st i've heard.

I'd be disappointed if Mane didnt have a big ego. Mane has been firing this season so i can understand him trying to score as many as he can though in some games we might only get one clear chance so he needs to be careful.

As for Salah's reaction, i think there's a massive overreaction to it.

You could see he was fuming with his bad pass that caused their equaliser then when Bobby scored, its blatantly obvious salah has both arms up in the air celebrating before he slams his bottle down.

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I'd be disappointed if Mane didnt have a big ego. Mane has been firing this season so i can understand him trying to score as many as he can though in some games we might only get one clear chance so he needs to be careful.

You could see he was fuming with his bad pass that caused their equaliser then when Bobby scored, its blatantly obvious salah has both arms up in the air celebrating before he slams his bottle down.

I have noticed Mane being a bit more selfish this season, but is that because Salah isnt stealing the spot light like last year, Mane just needs the right balance of selfishness (like all good goal scorers) and knowing when to make the pass....but its still very early season, they will get better.

As for the Salah reaction..... he sticks both arms in the air to celebrate and then slams down the bottle, I know when watching from home I've kicked and punched cushions when celebrating, maybe it was his natural reaction as the goal went in whilst bottle was in hand.

Muchado about nothing is my guess.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sturridge scores a goal and all of a sudden he's the next coming of Christ, at least that's what the media would have you believe 🤣 Milner needs to come out of international retirement as well apparently.
I guarantee one thing, Liverpool will never win the CL with those two and Henderson in the team 😉

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
He's been misused his entire career, especially at Man City. I don't know why he was so often played on the right, when he didn't have the pace to be a winger - what he has a ridiculous engine and drive, suited to being a central midfield player. If he hadn't have retired from England he'd be the first name on the bloody teamsheet now.

Nigh on 150 games at City. 2 titles and others yet misused. Yet hes won nowt at Liverpool.
Met James in Dublin when playing for City. Real nice guy

D

Deleted member 16999

Totally agree on the Salah angle, total media rubbish.

It might be Mane was exactly the same last season just not noticed, hence why I asked.
A couple of players reacted to him against Spurs and again last night.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

a nicely edited clip then to portray something which is blantly incorrect.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nigh on 150 games at City. 2 titles and others yet misused. Yet hes won nowt at Liverpool.
Met James in Dublin when playing for City. Real nice guy
What does any of that mean? He did a job for City of course because he's a professional, I'm just saying he's a far better centre mid than right winger. And he mainly played right wing at City. Why does how many trophies the teams won have anything to do with it?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What does any of that mean? He did a job for City of course because he's a professional, I'm just saying he's a far better centre mid than right winger. And he mainly played right wing at City. Why does how many trophies the teams won have anything to do with it?
He quotes the trophies because he can! Let him have his fun he waited long enough.