And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think your season could depend on Alli, as much as anyone.

He had 1-2 brilliant seasons were he was top class - strikers output and many assists as well. Last season was a different matter. if its a season like the others, you should be fine, if last year, could go either way.
I thought he started alright, looked one of our brightest players in the first two games. Got the injury though playing for England of course.

We have Inter tomorrow at the ridiculous time of 5:55pm. What possessed them to do that? Being early is one thing, but why not just make it 6:00! So upsettingly awkward. :LOL:

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought he started alright, looked one of our brightest players in the first two games. Got the injury though playing for England of course.

We have Inter tomorrow at the ridiculous time of 5:55pm. What possessed them to do that? Being early is one thing, but why not just make it 6:00! So upsettingly awkward. :LOL:

That'll be so the early game doesn't run into the main game later on..........

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
They want to offer 2 games per night to the viewer though, without you flicking between games, some at 5.55pm and some at 8pm. Presumably they can charge more for that.

It is away so 5.55pm is actually 6.55pm in Italy. Not quite so bad for the players, 7pm ko makes more sense that 6pm, but bad for OCD folks who prefer a nice neat number.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't think the questions must be asked again. :LOL: Pretty sure we covered all that in August. Also, our goalscorer came off the bench, as did Son who could have won us a penalty at the end. Plus Dele was injured. It's not like we needed an overhaul, just one or two would have helped maybe. But our squad is quite large already.

I said in the summer you needed a couple signings just to stand still. I stand by it

Very much lacking at the moment. But with so many players at the World Cup it was no surprise

D

Deleted member 1740

Whats changed in 2/3 weeks for Spurs?

They were lauded for their perdormance at United with no mention of no new signings, a couple of poor results later and they've not go a strong enough squad.

Overreacting at its finest.....

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

They were lauded for their perdormance at United with no mention of no new signings, a couple of poor results later and they've not go a strong enough squad.

All it takes with spurs is an underperformance from kane and they struggle. They are far from a one man team I’m not saying they are but when they have a player of his quality and their not like city who can replace sterling with sane, Aguero with Jesus or silva with Kevin de Byrne and still have mahrez on the bench! Then when he doesn’t have his best game it starts to affect the rest

Moura looked brilliant against united. Have always rated him but he is still new to the league so can’t be expected to smash every game

I think it will be a tougher season for spurs with the lack of investment / stadium issues / World Cup hang overs

Can’t guarantee top 4 this year

D

Deleted member 1740

All it takes with spurs is an underperformance from kane and they struggle. They are far from a one man team I’m not saying they are but when they have a player of his quality and their not like city who can replace sterling with sane, Aguero with Jesus or silva with Kevin de Byrne and still have mahrez on the bench! Then when he doesn’t have his best game it starts to affect the rest

Moura looked brilliant against united. Have always rated him but he is still new to the league so can’t be expected to smash every game

I think it will be a tougher season for spurs with the lack of investment / stadium issues / World Cup hang overs

Can’t guarantee top 4 this year

What are you saying then? if Kane played for any other side and wasnt firing then theyd struggle too, not just spurs.

I can't comment on the Watford/Spurs game but on saturday liverpool dominated and controlled that game from start to finish. If we were at our clinical best we could've won by 3 or 4.

My opinion on the game is we were excellent and spurs were poor.

Nobody except city are Guaranteed a top 4 place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
What are you saying then? if Kane played for any other side and wasnt firing then theyd struggle too, not just spurs.

I can't comment on the Watford/Spurs game but on saturday liverpool dominated and controlled that game from start to finish. If we were at our clinical best we could've won by 3 or 4.

Nobody except city are Gaurenteed a top 4 place.

I'll go out on a limb and say your lot are guaranteed top 4. The way you play you can afford to lose a few players and will still coast top 4. Lose VVD and any talk of a title is out though imo.

D

Deleted member 15344

I think when Spurs are fit and on form especially Kane and Erikson then they will be good enough to get into top 4 BUT because right now players like Kane look like they are physically and mentally tired due to lack of rest over the past 2 years. Spurs dont seem to be able to cope without Kane hence why he was rushed straight back in , i suspect he started the season on a high after the World Cup but fatigue is setting in - they had a lot of players at the later stages of the World Cup. I suspect Kane etc prob shouldnt have started the first 2 maybe three games.

But they are very reliant on Kane - i suppose it is as close as you can get to a one man team , but Chelsea rely on Hazard , Man Utd rely on De Gea.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I confess that i didnt watch all the match but all the 2nd half. What i did see was Liverpool cutting off the supply to Kane by closing Spurs down high up the pitch, a game plan that worked very well and one I see most clubs adopting as Kane can't score if he doesn't get the ball. Spurs are a decent side but I wouldn't put money on them making the top 4 at the end of the year, I see their position being a struggle between them, Man U and Arsenal with City, Liverpool and Chelsea taking the first 3 places in whatever order

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Disagree, if arsenal, citeh Chelsea or Liverpool had kane and he struggled they have more depth to cover

Chelsea with morata out they been playing guirod to great affect

Liverpool get goals from everywhere

City can replace Aguero with Jesus

Arsenal have lacezzette and PEA

Who can spurs turn to to fill Kane’s shoes? Son is a good player but not of the same class

I’d of liked to see spurs bring in a striker last summer to challenge kane. Kane is world class but even the best need rest

D

Deleted member 16999

I’d agree with City defo being top 4 and I’d add yourselves and Chelsea in to that, this leaves only 1 space between 3.
This early in the season you often get teams over analyzed if they suffer 1 or 2 bad games, that’s unfair on the teams who started well.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Disagree, if arsenal, citeh Chelsea or Liverpool had kane and he struggled they have more depth to cover

Chelsea with morata out they been playing guirod to great affect

Liverpool get goals from everywhere

City can replace Aguero with Jesus

Arsenal have lacezzette and PEA

Who can spurs turn to to fill Kane’s shoes? Son is a good player but not of the same class

I’d of liked to see spurs bring in a striker last summer to challenge kane. Kane is world class but even the best need rest
I would argue that morata, lacazette and giroud are all inferior to Kane and that if one of them. Issues a game the burden isn’t so great.

Liverpool and city don’t really rely on a set strikerm although Salah is still clearly the talisman for Liverpool. Aguero less so at city.

But the main problem is trying to find a capable replacement willing to warm the bench for 30 plus games a season, no striker is going there if they’re hoping to get game time.

D

Deleted member 16999

I would argue that morata, lacazette and giroud are all inferior to Kane and that if one of them. Issues a game the burden isn’t so great.

Liverpool and city don’t really rely on a set strikerm although Salah is still clearly the talisman for Liverpool. Aguero less so at city.

But the main problem is trying to find a capable replacement willing to warm the bench for 30 plus games a season, no striker is going there if they’re hoping to get game time.
Agreed, plus, didn’t Chelsea and Arsenal have those options for a lot of last season and failed to make top 4.
Sometimes it’s down to the managers and how they use these players, one cap doesn’t fit all.
Look how Klopp has taken Lpool forward without (what we’d typically say) a main centre forward.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Exactly. I think they call it a knee-jerk. After beating Man Utd we were going to win the league apparently, and keeping the squad consistent was a stroke of genius.

All it takes with spurs is an underperformance from kane and they struggle.
No, it's the other way round. The team has not been cohesive, we haven't created the chances for Kane or got the ball to him, so he can't score the goals all by himself. When we play fluently again, he will score the goals.

Yes, obviously this. Feels like we've said it a hundred times, but we can't afford to buy another world class striker and plonk him on the bench, and neither is that player going to want to join us to be back-up to Kane.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Whilst they are inferior .. (never claimed they were equal) they have decent cover. Morata is highly rated. Lacazzete and PEA were both highly regarded as two of the best outside the premier league , if spurs could have got giruod I think that would have been perfect for them. He’s a class act and happy to fight for a place

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Whilst they are inferior .. (never claimed they were equal) they have decent cover. Morata is highly rated. Lacazzete and PEA were both highly regarded as two of the best outside the premier league , if spurs could have got giruod I think that would have been perfect for them. He’s a class act and happy to fight for a place
So your solution to Kane not scoring would be to bring in a striker who doesn't score? :unsure: