And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I only saw the last 20mins of the Wolves v Burnley game. Burnley were opened up more than Everton! That has to be worrying when their set up is built on defence. Hopefully they will get back on track though, I have a soft spot for Dyche.

Wolves missed a boatload of chances and that could cost them going forward. Do they have a decent striker? (that is not a glib comment by the way, I just don't know much about them and they looked excellent until that final moment). If Wolves can start putting chances away they could be in the 6-9th zone quite easily.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, Spurs Liverpool went exactly as I expected. Soundly beaten, nick a late goal so it looks respectable. Vorm was poor on both goals, but it feels unfair to blame him, he is only the back-up goalie after all. It's not as if many teams have a world class keeper sat on the bench as back-up. Liverpool should have had a couple more but their finishing was a bit poor, straight at Vorm a few times. Oh well, it is what it is, always knew we were playing for 3rd/4th this season anyway.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well, Spurs Liverpool went exactly as I expected. Soundly beaten, nick a late goal so it looks respectable. Vorm was poor on both goals, but it feels unfair to blame him, he is only the back-up goalie after all. It's not as if many teams have a world class keeper sat on the bench as back-up. Liverpool should have had a couple more but their finishing was a bit poor, straight at Vorm a few times. Oh well, it is what it is, always knew we were playing for 3rd/4th this season anyway.

What's worrying for me is the lack of energy in team for the past few games , this has been a real strong point of our game since Poch took over, I don't think we will see another game of ours with so many basic errors from so many players.

We should have had that penalty at the end , but didn't deserve a draw as Liverpool were far better on the day.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What's worrying for me is the lack of energy in team for the past few games , this has been a real strong point of our game since Poch took over, I don't think we will see another game of ours with so many basic errors from so many players.

We should have had that penalty at the end , but didn't deserve a draw as Liverpool were far better on the day.
Before the season started, I was worried about us making a slow start because of the summer with so many of our first teamers in the world cup latter stages. But we kind of allayed those fears by winning the first three games. Perhaps we were over-reliant on Lucas scoring the goals when he didn't go to the world cup obviously. But now it looks to have caught up with us already. It was good to see Wanyama and Winks both on the pitch though, finally. I don't think Dier is good enough and the sooner we can get him out for one of those two the better. We do have three 'easy' games now in the league - as easy as a Premier League game can ever be anyway. I think Kane will score in at least two of them, even though he's not at his best, just because he never struggles to score against the poorer teams really.

D

Deleted member 15344

Sorry but it was always going to happen when no players are purchased and the players go straight back into the team without a decent rest or decent pre season - the players are being flogged to death and they will drop like flies - questions must be asked why players weren’t purchased to strengthen the squad - a long season ahead

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Before the season started, I was worried about us making a slow start because of the summer with so many of our first teamers in the world cup latter stages. But we kind of allayed those fears by winning the first three games. Perhaps we were over-reliant on Lucas scoring the goals when he didn't go to the world cup obviously. But now it looks to have caught up with us already. It was good to see Wanyama and Winks both on the pitch though, finally. I don't think Dier is good enough and the sooner we can get him out for one of those two the better. We do have three 'easy' games now in the league - as easy as a Premier League game can ever be anyway. I think Kane will score in at least two of them, even though he's not at his best, just because he never struggles to score against the poorer teams really.

I think the dynamic between Lucas and Kane is going to take time, Kane has not been the same since he had that injury late last season and come back to soon, glad Sons back think these 3 will get us plenty of goals this season, I wouldn't give up on Dier yet although he has been poor for awhile, think he's good when he plays in the middle as a d/m.

Our squad is good and but with C/L we could do with a couple of quality players hopefully get them in next window.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry but it was always going to happen when no players are purchased and the players go straight back into the team without a decent rest or decent pre season - the players are being flogged to death and they will drop like flies - questions must be asked why players weren’t purchased to strengthen the squad - a long season ahead
I don't think the questions must be asked again. :LOL: Pretty sure we covered all that in August. Also, our goalscorer came off the bench, as did Son who could have won us a penalty at the end. Plus Dele was injured. It's not like we needed an overhaul, just one or two would have helped maybe. But our squad is quite large already.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think the dynamic between Lucas and Kane is going to take time, Kane has not been the same since he had that injury late last season and come back to soon, glad Sons back think these 3 will get us plenty of goals this season, I wouldn't give up on Dier yet although he has been poor for awhile, think he's good when he plays in the middle as a d/m.

Our squad is good and but with C/L we could do with a couple of quality players hopefully get them in next window.
I worry about Dier now, it's too many times he's given the ball away in our half with sloppy passes. I think Wanyama is the better player.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I don't think the questions must be asked again. :LOL: Pretty sure we covered all that in August. Also, our goalscorer came off the bench, as did Son who could have won us a penalty at the end. Plus Dele was injured. It's not like we needed an overhaul, just one or two would have helped maybe. But our squad is quite large already.

Better get use to it,looks like he’ll asking the same question all season 😳.

Looks like Spurs are his new Arsenal 😂

D

Deleted member 15344

Well it’s a question that’s avoided - if the squad is quite large already why did players like Dier , Trippier , Kane , Alli have to start the first games with any real rest and Pre season ? You only have to see the last two matches to see how badly Kane needed a rest but Spurs can’t rest him it seems - are Spurs a one man team ? Going to struggle for top 4 looking at what’s happening at the moment

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well it’s a question that’s avoided - if the squad is quite large already why did players like Dier , Trippier , Kane , Alli have to start the first games with any real rest and Pre season ? You only have to see the last two matches to see how badly Kane needed a rest but Spurs can’t rest him it seems
How was it avoided, we discussed it at length in August after deadline day.

Wanyama and Winks have had injury problems, hence Dier has been playing, but they're both back now, so I hope he will cease playing. It's difficult to rest a player like Kane, because even at 75% he's better than most other strikers, plus one of our biggest goalscorers Son has been away with South Korea. He's also back now. I still think Kane will play though. As Kellfire says above, he's a player who just always wants to play. He even said this week he's now looking forward to the games coming thick and fast as he reckons that's when he finds form. He is not a player who can do it all on his own, when the team are playing poorly, he is unlikely to score, as per the last two games where the team as a whole has been poor.

D

Deleted member 16999

Well it’s a question that’s avoided - if the squad is quite large already why did players like Dier , Trippier , Kane , Alli have to start the first games with any real rest and Pre season ? You only have to see the last two matches to see how badly Kane needed a rest but Spurs can’t rest him it seems - are Spurs a one man team ? Going to struggle for top 4 looking at what’s happening at the moment
Saturday night you replied to Tashy saying Spurs challenge is far from over and too many big games to go for top 4, today they’re going to struggle for top 4!
Which is it?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Good to see Douglas Costa getting a lengthy ban. What a disgusting human being. Elbows, headbutts and then spitting into an opponent's mouth. Ugh.

D

Deleted member 15344

Kane is adamant he doesn't need a rest and feels fine. Maybe he's just out of form.

It looked more than a form issue - he just looked physically tired , normally he chases everything down and never stops and always looks a threat but I’m struggling to remember anything he did in the game

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I worry about Dier now, it's too many times he's given the ball away in our half with sloppy passes. I think Wanyama is the better player.

I agree Wanyama is the better player and Winks is certainly more creative but Dier will be important for us this season.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Unless it's Aaron Ramsey. Stories today that he asked to be substituted at the weekend because he was tired.

It's actually a very professional thing to do but can you imagine the reaction from the media, ex pro's, fans etc. "£150k a week and you're tired" rant, rant expletive. Kane doesn't look sharp at the moment and it doesn't take a genius to see his playing record over the last few years and realise he has had little genuine rest. It is not just physical but mental rest that they need.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I think your season could depend on Alli, as much as anyone.

He had 1-2 brilliant seasons were he was top class - strikers output and many assists as well. Last season was a different matter. if its a season like the others, you should be fine, if last year, could go either way.