And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Jean-Michael Seri who has been linked with just about every top side in Europe has made his move to the Premier League. Not to who you'd expect though - he's joined Fulham for £35m. Pretty clear sign of Fulham's intentions for this transfer window!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Jean-Michael Seri who has been linked with just about every top side in Europe has made his move to the Premier League. Not to who you'd expect though - he's joined Fulham for £35m. Pretty clear sign of Fulham's intentions for this transfer window!
Wow. Heard he was going there but not for that amount. I heard his 17/18 season wasn't as good as his 16/17 which is why some of the big club interest dried up, but I've never once seen him play to be fair. I know from his Fifa 18 card that he's a box-to-box midfielder with a bit of pace. :D

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Haha. I know from Football Manager that he's got a lot of potential and is similar to Leon Goretzka in that he has excellent all around attributes - good passing, physically very good, can defend and has a decent shot on him. He's also very adept at playing the "Mezzala" role which I'm sure you're all very familiar with on here. For those less-informed football fans, it's basically a roaming-playmaker type role whereby the midfielder operates in the half-spaces and fills the gaps out wide in the opponents half. :D

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
In other news, I've just seen the new Liverpool away kit today, and as usual it's disgusting. As a big club, why on earth are they slumming it with New Balance?? It looks proper Sunday league. If you're a big club, you need to be wearing Nike or Adidas these days, that's just how it is. Every away kit they've had from NB has been horrible.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
In other news, I've just seen the new Liverpool away kit today, and as usual it's disgusting. As a big club, why on earth are they slumming it with New Balance?? It looks proper Sunday league. If you're a big club, you need to be wearing Nike or Adidas these days, that's just how it is. Every away kit they've had from NB has been horrible.

Not suitable for the best defender in the world then?.............

D

Deleted member 1740

I quite like it, as soon as i saw it, it reminded me of Glenn Hysen and his lovely blonde locks :D

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
This years worst kept secret..... Conte sacked.... why 4 days into pre-season? It seems like it was always going to happen but why not back in may.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
This years worst kept secret..... Conte sacked.... why 4 days into pre-season? It seems like it was always going to happen but why not back in may.
There was a lot of bizarre stuff going on. Apparently Sarri was still in employment by Napoli up until this week, even though they appointed Ancelotti weeks ago. So they had two managers. :confused: Bookies stop taking bets on Sarri to Chelsea a month ago.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Reading rumours that Juve are now in for Marcelo. They're really trying to win the Champions League, they're going to have an insane team at this rate!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Reading rumours that Juve are now in for Marcelo. They're really trying to win the Champions League, they're going to have an insane team at this rate!
An insanely old team, yeah. Marcelo is amazing but they already have Sandro who is a few years younger and quality himself. Next they'll be signing Pepe or someone. They're not exactly planning for the future.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
An insanely old team, yeah. Marcelo is amazing but they already have Sandro who is a few years younger and quality himself. Next they'll be signing Pepe or someone. They're not exactly planning for the future.

I don't think they give two flying f's about the future. They want the Champions League this season and are pulling out the stops to get it.

They still have Sandro, De Sciglio, Rugani, Dybala, Perin, Bentacur, Bernardeschi, Kean and Can in the squad so it's not that old, they're just adding a couple of proven winners to help push them to that next level.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

They'll walk away with the Masters Football trophy though :D

Not sure how they stand on FFP but this could be a good time to pick up some players from Juve. Surely they will have to unload some players from the wage bill.