And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Gotcha#fishingforstu 👍😂

Although I thought it might be Phil 😁 Edit to day just noticed he liked your post 😂😂😂

Well earned win for Geordies.

Joking aside, during the game they mentioned about Ashley having a buyer for the Newcastle, but now not having a buyer for Newcastle. They said his price for the club is to high. Now Ashley is a genius at buying companies for next to nowt. But it seems to me he wants it both ways. Happy to buy cheap but not sell cheap.

D

Deleted member 1740

Gotcha#fishingforstu 👍😂

Although I thought it might be Phil 😁 Edit to day just noticed he liked your post 😂😂😂

Joking aside, during the game they mentioned about Ashley having a buyer for the Newcastle, but now not having a buyer for Newcastle. They said his price for the club is to high. Now Ashley is a genius at buying companies for next to nowt. But it seems to me he wants it both ways. Happy to buy cheap but not sell cheap.

Well done Bob Nudd 🙄😁

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What a bizarre set of results. Fulham looking dead, buried and relegated before pulling something out of the bag. Man Utd nearly crumbling but saving Ole's unbeaten record at the death. And Newcastle ruining the bloody league for everyone. :mad:

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Gotcha#fishingforstu 👍😂

Much as I dislike Fat Ashley, that's business.
Would you sell your house for less than you paid for it, particularly while it's value has increased

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is Lucas Digne having a laugh? I put him in my fantasy team two weeks ago and so far he's scored -1 and -2. Now I'll have to sack him anyway as he's suspended. Great investment that was!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Much as I dislike Fat Ashley, that's business.
Would you sell your house for less than you paid for it, particularly while it's value has increased
Not only that but if the people wanting to buy can't scrape the money together then what money do they have to invest further? According to the local papers Peter Kenyon is trying to get the last bit of money together. If he is taking that long then I don't see the improvement.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
More importantly, the titanic battle for the division 2 of the PL, 7th place trophy, 4th place is soooooo last year, is hotting up :LOL:. Everton are limping along, Wolves look strong, Watford and Leicester can look great or awful, West Ham have tailed off. We play Wolves and Watford in two of our next three games. It will tell each club where they stand after those games. Forget the title, this is where it is really happening (y).

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gotcha#fishingforstu 👍😂

Surely that's just human nature, I'd be exactly the same in his position.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
We won a game :D Scraping a 1-0 win over Huddersfield isn't exactly much to shout about but at this point I'm happy to just have 3 extra points in the kitty. Praying we turn things around and start playing properly again soon. Before the Liverpool game we were playing some lovely stuff but been a miserable last few weeks. Transfers seem non-existent as well, other than rumours of Gueye potentially leaving, which would not be ideal. Not good.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
More importantly, the titanic battle for the division 2 of the PL, 7th place trophy, 4th place is soooooo last year, is hotting up :LOL:. Everton are limping along, Wolves look strong, Watford and Leicester can look great or awful, West Ham have tailed off. We play Wolves and Watford in two of our next three games. It will tell each club where they stand after those games. Forget the title, this is where it is really happening (y).
7th place should be Wolves' to lose I think. I'd expect Watford to finish above Everton as well really, their squad seems better overall. And Marco Silva is just Bobby Martinez in disguise, can't organise a defence. Everton still have the entire top 6 left to play as well. Battling with Leicester for 9th I feel.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
7th place should be Wolves' to lose I think. I'd expect Watford to finish above Everton as well really, their squad seems better overall. And Marco Silva is just Bobby Martinez in disguise, can't organise a defence. Everton still have the entire top 6 left to play as well. Battling with Leicester for 9th I feel.
Wouldn't argue against that, good summary. Wolves are having a great season and they have a real shape and style to them. They know what they are about and I like that.

I feel Silva is better than Martinez, the team is not fully in his mould yet. The summer is a big one as we badly need a striker, it is a key missing piece of the jigsaw. Get that piece right and the rest falls into place much better.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

7th is 1st for the also rans :)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
What is there for 7th though aside from the prize money? None of those battling around 7th-10th will kick on and break the top 6. It is very much a two, if not three tier league and with the odd exception (Leicester) the top six is a pretty closed shop at the moment with just a battle for Europa League spot/CL spot to sort

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What is there for 7th though aside from the prize money? None of those battling around 7th-10th will kick on and break the top 6. It is very much a two, if not three tier league and with the odd exception (Leicester) the top six is a pretty closed shop at the moment with just a battle for Europa League spot/CL spot to sort
I think 7th place is likely to get Europa isn't it? Provided the FA Cup is won by a top 6 team. Other than that though, yeah it's just prize money, but I'm sure every team wants to finish as high as they can. Wolves being promoted and finishing 7th for example would be quite an achievement.