And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 1740

Unmistakable voice and as Richart says, a great narrator for sport documentaries.

He nails it when he says journos /broadcastors impose their own egos between fans and clubs, its a shame some of them now dont take this onboard.

D

Deleted member 1740

take the 9/1 FGS?

Mustafis introduction a joy to behold as always, state of panic as soon as he came on!

Have to wonder who at Arsenal thinks giving Ramsey away and trying to sign Bailly is good business. Show them that 45 mins plse....

No i didnt, great price though.

Enjoy your winnings!!

D

Deleted member 1740

I reckon Wenger has a voodoo on Arsenal, too many injuries happening for it to be coincidental.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Quite reserved i thought.

Disappointed it wasnt a bit more in Arsenals face seeing as they were booing him after every touch.

i hate all this "hands up,sorry for scoring " celebrations.

To be fair, they then got JLingz doing his stupid stunts in front of them, probably worse

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
why Xhaka to CB rather than bringing Monreal on? Xhaka, Mustafi, Maitland Niles and Kolasinac, not much defending going on there!

You know the way over the years commentators have said "thats a typical Liverpool/United/Arsenal goal" when scoring them.

Over the last few years Arsenal have made certain goals their hallmark, when conceding. Normally the 1 vs 3, 2 vs 4.......

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Vintage performance, great counterattacking.

Can't help.wondering how.big an influence Mick Phelan is?

Could.be our year

😂😂😂
Huds/Slime, what is Olly doing what Maureen wasn't doing apart from the obvious ripping his players to bits. It is easy to say he has turned it around, but the simple fact is they are now playing to there potential which they never where under Maureen.
Probably more important, what's Ollys chance of keeping the job. If he don't keep it, don't think he will be out of work long.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
He is on a sabbatical from his club in Norway, it is their off season.

As a neutral, he has let them loose, taken the shackles off. When they attack they now attack with pace, something they have in abundance. I'm very unhappy with Ole :mad:, he is allowing them to reach their potential. I suspect it also helps that he has come in with a smile and a light touch after 2 1/2 years of the self indulgent sour puss.

Like Tashy, interested to hear if there have been any significant tactical changes. I would guess they are more subtle but still interesting.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
😂😂😂
Huds/Slime, what is Olly doing what Maureen wasn't doing apart from the obvious ripping his players to bits. It is easy to say he has turned it around, but the simple fact is they are now playing to there potential which they never where under Maureen.
Probably more important, what's Ole's chance of keeping the job. If he don't keep it, don't think he will be out of work long.

I think he started off with the easiest job in the world.
All he had to do was tell the players to play their natural, attacking game whilst wearing a smile and having fun.
They didn't have to be terrified of making a mistake as they were all part of a collective rather than a set of individuals waiting to be publicly humiliated.
He just reminded them of who they were playing for and what that meant.
Then came the first real test away at Spurs where Ole showed a ton of tactical nous .......................... which I wasn't sure he had.
Then, last night, he surprised everyone by putting Lukaku out wide and we all know how that turned out!
Next month United come up against PSG and City, let's take stock after that.
He should definitely not be considered until the season is over, but if he carries on as he's been going so far it'd be difficult to argue against him, especially as he's showing a level of tactical ability that I didn't know he had!