And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 1740

Citys lack of last years flowing football is more down to KDB, Silva and Fernadinho not playing a single game together and not just Fernandinho having a replacement. You could add to that City not having a natural left back to replace Mendy as well.

Didn’t hear you complaining when city trounced Huddersfield and Burnley without KDB and the win against us. 😉

I’d say there’s a few more teams having a go with city this season. Last season it was only us and Yernited for 45 mins who laid a glove on them in 38 league games.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Yet you are able to spend £100 mil on Mahrez and B Silva to replace them - hearts bleeding for you with the most expensive squad in the Prem by a country mile.
We have had significant injuries at CB and have had to adjust

You see phil your (hearts bleeding) sentence endorses why your posts and you get ridiculed so much and yet you have so much to offer if you could reel your neck in ( and others).

I am having a discussion with you, an adult discussion on where you think City have gone wrong, I have given two more examples of why I think City have gone wrong. Yet now hearts are bleeding and Boohoo is chucked about.

Mahrez is a winger and B Silva is to replace D Silva. Pep should of had a replacement? Er am sure he has tried to buy replacements but they have chosen to go elsewhere. If you remember he went in for VVD But he choose to go elsewhere.

Am sure your CB problems have been highlighted on here, not read one boo hoo or heart bleeds though.

D

Deleted member 1740

You see phil your (hearts bleeding) sentence endorses why your posts and you get ridiculed so much and yet you have so much to offer if you could reel your neck in ( and others).

I am having a discussion with you, an adult discussion on where you think City have gone wrong, I have given two more examples of why I think City have gone wrong. Yet now hearts are bleeding and Boohoo is chucked about.

Mahrez is a winger and B Silva is to replace D Silva. Pep should of had a replacement? Er am sure he has tried to buy replacements but they have chosen to go elsewhere. If you remember he went in for VVD But he choose to go elsewhere.

Am sure your CB problems have been highlighted on here, not read one boo hoo or heart bleeds though.

Go back to last season’s thread, tons in there.👍🏻

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Fernandinho has been a bigger loss imo as he not only breaks play up ( foul or otherwise) when ops have the ball.
But he is very good going forward as well.
Any team would miss a player of KDB ability.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Tashyboy

Visit site
Didn’t hear you complaining when city trounced Huddersfield and Burnley without KDB and the win against us. 😉

I’d say there’s a few more teams having a go with city this season. Last season it was only us and Yernited for 45 mins who laid a glove on them in 38 league games.

No disrespect to any of the teams you mentioned Stu but both Huddersfield and Burnley were struggling for form, with Burnley now starting to turn it round. Think City's win V Pool was more down to the Liverpool midfield than City's. Deffo agree that more teams are having a go. Which is a bit of a suprise, Pep bought Mahrez coz the thought process apwas he might be able to unlock packed defences better than Stirling.

D

Deleted member 15344

How do you expect people to react when you post complaining about the little things not going for City and then try and justify it with nonsense about playing UTD

You then appear to cry about not having certain players not available when your club has thrown millions after millions at the squad and you have mentioned it a number of times - are you expecting people to feel sorry for you ? If you only have one left back whose fault is that ? If the team can’t win without Fernandinho whose fault is that

You have the most expensive squad around , the highest paid manager in football - the best resources in the Prem - the way you talk it’s as if City are a plucky mid table team fighting at the top on a show string budget trying to upset the big boys.

But posting about other teams having the little things go their way instead of you - Christ open your eyes

D

Deleted member 1740

No disrespect to any of the teams you mentioned Stu but both Huddersfield and Burnley were struggling for form, with Burnley now starting to turn it round. Think City's win V Pool was more down to the Liverpool midfield than City's. Deffo agree that more teams are having a go. Which is a bit of a suprise, Pep bought Mahrez coz the thought process apwas he might be able to unlock packed defences better than Stirling.

There’s plenty more I could mention.

Let’s be honest, I reckon city only miss Mendy for 6/8 games out of 38 due to the quality you have in attack and the quality of the opposition.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Fernandinho has been a bigger loss imo as he not only breaks play up ( foul or otherwise) when ops have the ball.
But he is very good going forward as well.
Any team would miss a player of KDB ability.

Because KDB and DSilva have not been sat in front of Fernandinho he had had his work cut out protecting the other two who played there, be it both Silvas, Gundoghan or whoever. Pep has tried Gunoghan, Stones, even Delph had a go at it but ended up at left back. Not sure how many defensive midfielders City have Been linked with but all have choose to go elsewhere. De Jong being the latest.
Wouldn't deny that City have missed Fernadinho, but slowly slowly KDB is getting back to match fitness. With the thick end of the season coming. He is coming back at the right time. However.
Mendy for me is another problem area, Delph is probably a better cover than Zinchenko, but against better teams he will get found out. Mendy when fit was fantastic, but is beginning to be as fragile as Jack Wilshire.

Tashyboy

Visit site
How do you expect people to react when you post complaining about the little things not going for City and then try and justify it with nonsense about playing UTD

You then appear to cry about not having certain players not available when your club has thrown millions after millions at the squad and you have mentioned it a number of times - are you expecting people to feel sorry for you ? If you only have one left back whose fault is that ? If the team can’t win without Fernandinho whose fault is that

You have the most expensive squad around , the highest paid manager in football - the best resources in the Prem - the way you talk it’s as if City are a plucky mid table team fighting at the top on a show string budget trying to upset the big boys.

But posting about other teams having the little things go their way instead of you - Christ open your eyes

If stating facts about your club makes you appear to cry then I am missing something. You might want to try and be critical of your club Phil. Just help me out here Phil, you can give your reasons of why City are not doing so well, but I can't. Why's that. It's called being honest, it's called " not looking through rose tinted glasses".

I mentioned little things. Like wolves hand ball goal that cost City two points, like Mahrez missing a late penalty that cost us two points, the Pickford Howler that gave you another two points. These are the little things phil. They are facts phil. That's not complaining about facts. That's stating facts that get us talking about the game every week without moaning. Sometimes the little things go our way like 11 MM. Is that me whinging Coz another fact went our way. No it's another little thing that went our way, but I will state again. Your club in my open eyes are having the little things go your way at the moment.

You mention open eyes, take your rose tinted glasses off first.

Here's another one for you phil, last year City played free flowing football, this year they are not. It's not complaining, it is stating a fact. Everyone has seen it and given there reasons as to why that is. Why am I, a fan that has followed them for 50 odd years and not allowed to state that. Surely if I see them every other week am I not allowed to give my views. Homer comes on here and states that his team are not doing well. Is he allowed and I am not.

D

Deleted member 15344

If stating facts about your club makes you appear to cry then I am missing something. You might want to try and be critical of your club Phil. Just help me out here Phil, you can give your reasons of why City are not doing so well, but I can't. Why's that. It's called being honest, it's called " not looking through rose tinted glasses".

What the heck are you on about - you lost games when Fernandinho wasn’t playing - simple as that , that’s a fact for you, that’s all anyone stated

I mentioned little things. Like wolves hand ball goal that cost City two points, like Mahrez missing a late penalty that cost us two points, the Pickford Howler that gave you another two points. These are the little things phil. They are facts phil. That's not complaining about facts. That's stating facts that get us talking about the game every week without moaning. Sometimes the little things go our way like 11 MM. Is that me whinging Coz another fact went our way. No it's another little thing that went our way, but I will state again. Your club in my open eyes are having the little things go your way at the moment.

Do you mean like the Kompany tackle that should have been a red or the tackles that should have been a booking for Fernandinho that should have meant he left the pitch ,then the clearance on the line from Stones that just missed Mo - that was just one game and I suspect you have had a lot go for you this season but your initial point you were talking about Liverpool playing a poor United side under Maureen and then City having to play a Utd side on a roll - you failed to realise that City have also played a poor Utd and it’s in fact Liverpool that will face them next not City , maybe that’s another little thing going for City. We have had things go our way and also against us - maybe the fact is we have just played better this year so far and that’s why we are just slightly ahead - sweet FA to do with little things just one team playing a little bit better over the 22 games so far

You mention open eyes, take your rose tinted glasses off first.

Here's another one for you phil, last year City played free flowing football, this year they are not. It's not complaining, it is stating a fact. Everyone has seen it and given there reasons as to why that is. Why am I, a fan that has followed them for 50 odd years and not allowed to state that. Surely if I see them every other week am I not allowed to give my views. Homer comes on here and states that his team are not doing well. Is he allowed and I am not.

I didn’t say anything about your “free flowing football” - but what I did say it’s hard to cry about players that are missing and having gaps in your team when you have the most expensive squad in the league looked after by the most expensive manager in football - every team suffers from injuries but not every team has multi million pound players ready to come in. If your team suffers because they lose one player then your manager hasn’t really done his job well.