And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Outstanding from De Gea - how many saves with his feet ?! Also some poor finishing from Spurs when you compare to the way Rashford finished

Kane limping - not good for them , are they now just fighting for a top 4 spot ?

City vs Utd is going to be interesting-

Last sentance Phil, that's why I think Liverpool will win the title. It's just the little things that haven't quite gone City's way. We play Utd when they are at full steam. Liverpool play Utd when they were pants under Maureen.

Anyway, thought it was a good Utd performance, But how much did de Gea save Utd again today. So just how good were Utd. Discuss. Poor finishing from Spurs. In what was otherwise a good performance.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I thought at first glance he was simply planting his foot and using his body to shield the ball, in the replays i still don't see him looking for him to make the contact.
It's academic now, he's got a yellow so no further charges.

D

Deleted member 1740

Last sentance Phil, that's why I think Liverpool will win the title. It's just the little things that haven't quite gone City's way. We play Utd when they are at full steam. Liverpool play Utd when they were pants under Maureen.

Anyway, thought it was a good Utd performance, But how much did de Gea save Utd again today. So just how good were Utd. Discuss. Poor finishing from Spurs. In what was otherwise a good performance.

Game of 2 halves for me, excellent 1st half and lucky 2nd half, Keeper kept them in it.

D

Deleted member 15344

Really ? Sorry I have no doubt you could point to plenty of little things that have gone Citys way. Even in the recent match a fair bit went Citys way. Difference at the moment is despite spending millions more than anyone else you had no one to replace Fernandinho when he missed a few games.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

???
Scousers @ OT in Feb
Citeh in March

same difference, put the violins away?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
did he?

its strange as the ref never looked to book him until he threw the ball away. maybe it was just a coincidence.
According to Sky the ref booked him for the tackle.
I’m with you there’s no way he was booking him until he threw the ball away.

Commentators got it wrong,the ref is just lying.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I haven't seen the game, have only loosely followed the updates on BBC Sport website. Numerous times they used the "Great Save" graphic for De Gea. Were any of the saves he made world class or were they fairly routine saves that you would expect a PL goalkeeper to make?
The other responses are dead right but to be fair to De Gea his positioning was spot on and he made the various saves with his feet. Another keeper may have let one in through his legs, we will never know, but he kept them all out.

Having 5ft legs and size 12 feet, might not be entirely true ;), didn't do him any harm today either.

D

Deleted member 15344

after which game did Maureen get sacked.

I’m not sure how you are attempting to suggest we got it a bit easier - we have both played Utd when they had Maureen in charge and both beat them now they are playing well we face them before you do ? So what exactly is the point you are trying to make

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Really ? Sorry I have no doubt you could point to plenty of little things that have gone Citys way. Even in the recent match a fair bit went Citys way. Difference at the moment is despite spending millions more than anyone else you had no one to replace Fernandinho when he missed a few games.

Citys lack of last years flowing football is more down to KDB, Silva and Fernadinho not playing a single game together and not just Fernandinho having a replacement. You could add to that City not having a natural left back to replace Mendy as well.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have no idea what Solskjaer has done but each and every player looks sharper, a yard faster and hungrier. Yes De Gea played well and kept them in it but I would never have seen UNited getting a result under Mourinho. Is it possible Solskjaer may be managing himself into a permanent role?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Citys lack of last years flowing football is more down to KDB, Silva and Fernadinho not playing a single game together and not just Fernandinho having a replacement. You could add to that City not having a natural left back to replace Mendy as well.

oh boo hoo, youve only spent a billion pounds with a superstar manager, shouldnt he have addressed these issues? have far more squad depth than anyone else, can hardly complain about a couple of injuries (plenty of sides suffering far more)

D

Deleted member 15344

Yet you are able to spend £100 mil on Mahrez and B Silva to replace them - hearts bleeding for you with the most expensive squad in the Prem by a country mile.
We have had significant injuries at CB and have had to adjust

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Sorry but with your squad, Pep should be getting more out of those that have come in for KDB etc and so if your style has changed it's down to him and up to him to fix

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have no idea what Solskjaer has done but each and every player looks sharper, a yard faster and hungrier. Yes De Gea played well and kept them in it but I would never have seen UNited getting a result under Mourinho. Is it possible Solskjaer may be managing himself into a permanent role?

At Spurs when Pochettino goes to United? (y)