An evening with Peter Allis

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
A genius and absolute legend of our game I have said it before but he is the greatest sports commentator of all time all sports. Great programme it's been sky + so will be watched a lot.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
A genius and absolute legend of our game I have said it before but he is the greatest sports commentator of all time all sports. Great programme it's been sky + so will be watched a lot.

I would agree with this. A fair assessment. Like Bill McLaren and rugby.

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Great programme and a real treat. having seen his "Evening with Allis" show live, if you get the chance, get along there.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
It's on BBC i player
I loved the clip of the little kid trying to hit the plastic ball near the fence, I saw that live, but it's a shame they didn't play the clip when Peter compared Freddy Couples to an old family labrador :)

fourdoors

Medal Winner
Visit site
He is associated with Hindhead golf club in Surrey. I highly recommend a trip. That old boy has been everywhere and raves about the place. A cracking place to play on a quiet evening!

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Finally got to watch this last night, excellent programme. No matter what some say, he is an excellent commentator for the golf, and we'll miss him when he's not there. Interesting that there was no mention of son Gary in the programme.

Watching some of the old clips, i.e. pro-celeb golf, the clip with Sean Connery was priceless. Definitely room to bring this back, especially given the "celebrity get my big brother's X talent out of here" drivel that we are constantly served up these days.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lovely show. Interesting to see how his Ryder Cup experience still haunted him. Blimey, you made the team umpteen times, you were good enough to be there. Let it go. - Psychology pep talk over with.

One of the old school of commentators, Johnners, Mclaren, Maskell, Laker, Moore. Wonderful melodious voice with character. Not everyones cup of tea but I like him.

They never mentioned who won the pro celeb match with Sean Connery, Tarby et al. Probably two matches, one on the course and then Connery lamping Tarbuck afterwards.