American golf returns policy on leaky shoes

snell

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Evening all

Just got in from a wet round of golf and me feet are soaked. I'm wearing a pair of footjoy hyperflex bought from ag around 5 month ago....any ideas what the return policy is? Says 1 year waterproof guarantee on the website...but wondering if there's any hidden small print??

m10johnson

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the reply

I'm right in thinking that all purchases from AG are put on your AG card so that should suffice for a receipt?

Yes correct. They can then arrange to have the shoes collected and sent back to us for inspection and sounds like replaced.

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Had the exact same issue with Footjoy Hyperflex shoes I purchased in January

Returned them to AG last Saturday. The guy gave me £90 credit which is what I paid for them and told me to go and pick a new pair

Went for the Adidas Tour 360 boost price matched at £119 which have a 2 year waterproof warranty so we will see how long these ones last

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Footjoy shoes don't seem as good as they used to be! A had three new pairs of Contours in one year, all replaced under warranty because they started leaking within a few months. However that was through our club pro and not American Golf.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I had an issue with one pair that was returned that were well inside the one year Guarantee. FJ came back and said they had been worn more that was average. Which was true, i think at the time i wore them at least 4 times a week. for about 5 months.

To there credit though FJ did replace them, but why give a year warranty if there are exceptions???

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I had an issue with one pair that was returned that were well inside the one year Guarantee. FJ came back and said they had been worn more that was average. Which was true, i think at the time i wore them at least 4 times a week. for about 5 months.

To there credit though FJ did replace them, but why give a year warranty if there are exceptions???
I think it's because it's a limited warranty and depends on the conditions of the shoes and what abrasions were on it. It sounds like they were reasonable with you anyway, which is good.

snell

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well just got back sunderland AG and got a credit note no questions asked....got a pair of adidas powerband tours. Feel a much better quality of shoe straight from the box too.....happy days

Cheers for all the replies too