Amazing Tony Finau stat

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Easy money if you can get it!

Exactly, - if you can get it!
At first reckoning, the amounts of top earners seem OTT.
However, there are some worthwhile "defence" points of view.
If you want to get the money, go and do it- if you can!
If you , and you alone ( no one else hits the ball) don't make the cut , you get no money that week.
But you still have expenses-that week.
I'm reliably informed that the likely expenses per week of a touring Pro on the major circuits is around £6000.
There is no sick pay , or pay if you turn up and your work is a bit off that week, as most salaried workers still get.
So, yes, massive returns if you make it by being the best. But only a few do.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
not as if hes a complete dodgepot who blows up in front every time, not the first time hes been picpocketed of a title by the way someone else finishes, kinda felt for him tonight as feel that one more win and the floodgates will open

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I don't know - you don't often get chances like that come along. I too really felt for him last night. The thing is, there are a lot of players in golf that have great spells over 2-3 years and then fade away. Hunter Mahan, Brandt Snedeker, Luke Donald, even possibly Jason Day, and although he's young, Jordan Spieth must be getting a little concerned that his form will not come back. When you look at what players like Rory McIlroy, Mickelson, and of course Tiger have achieved in just constantly challenging for titles over a long period, it's quite remarkable. It will be interesting to see if Koepka can keep up his form from the last few years for a longer period - you would think that he will based on what we see from him, but in golf you just never know.

sunshine

Visit site
Exactly, - if you can get it!
At first reckoning, the amounts of top earners seem OTT.
However, there are some worthwhile "defence" points of view.
If you want to get the money, go and do it- if you can!
If you , and you alone ( no one else hits the ball) don't make the cut , you get no money that week.
But you still have expenses-that week.
I'm reliably informed that the likely expenses per week of a touring Pro on the major circuits is around £6000.
There is no sick pay , or pay if you turn up and your work is a bit off that week, as most salaried workers still get.
So, yes, massive returns if you make it by being the best. But only a few do.

Not quite right, as many of the top guys receive appearance fees regardless of making the cut, and more importantly they have long term sponsorships that still pay out, and in some cases dwarf on course earnings.
And they will have insurance, either personal or through their tour membership which is effectively sick pay. But otherwise you are spot on.(y)

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Good on him, I like him, seems inevitable that he'll pick up more wins
Ironically despite playing the toughest game in the world and performing as a solo player the different tv money means he earns around the same as a run of the mill, mid-table, bang average, winless premier league footballer (who also get rapped-up in cotton wool with everything paid for them on top of earnings)

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I saw his putting stats somewhere. They're horrible, somewhere between 100 and 150th on tour depending on the subcategory.
It's a testament to his long game that he's done so well.
Long game wins money, putting wins cups?