Am I strange?

Visit site
For me - although it really is just a game - and one i've only relatively recently returned to after a long absence- it does bring a very welcome distraction. - which I have missed more than I would have thought
I've not stopped working - certainly won't complain about that - but i don't really get a break from it like i used to - and it can be quite mentally intensive in these challenging times
I can't visit family / friends in Scotland - can't visit friends in France - and all of thats unlikely for a couple of months
So playing golf badly is something I look forward to - that can actually happen

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Never stopped working ??‍♂️

Courier/Logistics, my own company, still collecting & delivering to companies that were able to stay open, plus collecting test kits that were posted out to NHS staff in various parts of the country, collected 60+ on Sunday, delivering prescriptions to pharmacies on Thursday mornings, last week I had 72 full envelopes to deliver, collected & delivered PPE to various sites all over the country, and doing a bread run delivering 60+ boxes of bread made by refugees for a charity across Coventry & Warwickshire, collected loads of goods for a customer from a company on Oxford Street yesterday that had gone bust, and in between all that, I'm taking jobs off Joe Bloggs who are buying stuff online with hardly no idea how to get it collected and brought back, I don't usually bother with non-commercial business, but it's filling in some nice gaps currently where lots of my regulars are closed.

Wolf

Visit site
Courier/Logistics, my own company, still collecting & delivering to companies that were able to stay open, plus collecting test kits that were posted out to NHS staff in various parts of the country, collected 60+ on Sunday, delivering prescriptions to pharmacies on Thursday mornings, last week I had 72 full envelopes to deliver, collected & delivered PPE to various sites all over the country, and doing a bread run delivering 60+ boxes of bread made by refugees for a charity across Coventry & Warwickshire, collected loads of goods for a customer from a company on Oxford Street yesterday that had gone bust, and in between all that, I'm taking jobs off Joe Bloggs who are buying stuff online with hardly no idea how to get it collected and brought back, I don't usually bother with non-commercial business, but it's filling in some nice gaps currently where lots of my regulars are closed.
I take my hat off to the effort you have been putting in mate and been following your efforts on here ??

I changed jobs the week of lockdown but fortunately they've had me working at home, I'd rather be on site but MOD won't let us.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
There is still too much uncertainty around, so if someone would rather see friends and family I get that. For me, having been working flat out for a while I see golf as a great chance to clear my head a bit, get some fresh air and enjoy the view. If I play as a solo or a two ball I'll enjoy the nine holes and the scores don't matter at the moment. I would hope, and it is purely a subjective guess, that if after a month we're not seeing another spike in infection rates, hospital admissions and deaths, clubs may be able to extend further so fourball etc. Can't see the bar or kitchen opening though

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think we will be allowed to play golf before we are allowed to visit family, which is wrong, but what can you do....FOUR

No exclamation marks used
Was tempted though

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
All this talk about whether or not golf will start and what the format should be is getting boring to me. I have many more things I want to return to ‘normal’ before I worry about whether I can go out in a fourball, swapping cards and playing for money. I want to visit family and friends, possibly go to a pub or restaurant or theatre, in fact just do normal daily things. Obviously I am not addicted to golf like some on here ?
I think it's a human desire to get back to "normal" things.

I'm sure on a football forum they would be longing for a kick-about.