All things BBQ and Braai

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Got a very easy guide and ingredients list for making your own dough, game changer, never done it before I got the AK.

Suggested a joint, but wife had no interest monitoring it while I was at the Club.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Do you have a link to the ingredients or is it just your own through trial and error?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Neapolitan style pizza shouldn't have oil in it. Also be careful adding oil to a pizza base as it can burn if you cook on a higher temperature.

The recipe above is more like a general bred recipe than one for a neapolitan pizza base.

The recipe has a crazy amount of yeast. The post says the dough tastes better after a day, which will be correct. However, if leaving it a day to prove you only need a couple of grams of yeast. Otherwise you risk over proving the dough. You should do a bulk prove for 24 hours. Then ball and leave them for a couple of hours at room temperature to relax before cooking.

A couple of good videos for getting started.

Serious eats has a lot of good information on making different styles of pizza.
https://www.seriouseats.com/the-pizza-lab-three-doughs-to-know

D

Deleted member 16999

Neapolitan style pizza shouldn't have oil in it. Also be careful adding oil to a pizza base as it can burn if you cook on a higher temperature.

The recipe above is more like a general bred recipe than one for a neapolitan pizza base.

The recipe has a crazy amount of yeast. The post says the dough tastes better after a day, which will be correct. However, if leaving it a day to prove you only need a couple of grams of yeast. Otherwise you risk over proving the dough. You should do a bulk prove for 24 hours. Then ball and leave them for a couple of hours at room temperature to relax before cooking.

A couple of good videos for getting started.

Serious eats has a lot of good information on making different styles of pizza.
https://www.seriouseats.com/the-pizza-lab-three-doughs-to-know
Cheers, Gordon’s been a Chef for over 30yrs, working all over the world, including in Italy for 4yrs, the recipe has been spot on every time I’ve used it, so thanks for the links, but I’ll stick with what’s works until it doesn’t.??

On the yeast, he told me if I can’t get the fresh stuff to use 7 grams of the quick acting dried you can buy anywhere, so maybe there is a difference in how fresh or dried reacts.?‍♂️

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Cheers, Gordon’s been a Chef for over 30yrs, working all over the world, including in Italy for 4yrs, the recipe has been spot on every time I’ve used it, so thanks for the links, but I’ll stick with what’s works until it doesn’t.??

On the yeast, he told me if I can’t get the fresh stuff to use 7 grams of the quick acting dried you can buy anywhere, so maybe there is a difference in how fresh or dried reacts.?‍♂️
? If it works and you like it, keep doing it.

Fresh yeast is rather unpredictable. I much prefer instant dried as I get more consistent results.

Personally I prefer to leave my dough to cold prove for 48 hours before balling. That way I need about half a gram of yeast, and it creates a greater depth of flavour, and is easier to stretch.

Its how I learned years ago when I worked in a pizza place and I've probably made 1000s of pizzas this way.

I've also probably made a similar amount of the more common deep pan, and crispy thin based pizzas using a dough with olive oil. But these aren't my preference.

At home I now mostly make Neapolitan and occasionally a Chicago style pie.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Having spoken to a pal re pizzas, I don’t think it’s a one shoe fits all. Me pal has a stainless pizza oven. He can cook a pizza in a couple of minutes. The flames are literally licking over the top. He has to be careful up not to burn them.
My oven it is more dome shaped, rounded. You really have to get a good fire blazing to get the heat over the pizza. Again the brick “ pizza” ovens are not as rounded as mine so again cook quicker.
The semolina flour on the base is a must though.
Friday is looking like pizza day ?

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Inspiration needed for Sunday. My dad and his Mrs are coming round and I’ll be lighting up the BBQ. We don’t want the simple burgers and sausages etc and I can’t really be bothered to do a brisket or pulled pork, so……fire away with some suggestions.

And I don’t want to do pizza.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Inspiration needed for Sunday. My dad and his Mrs are coming round and I’ll be lighting up the BBQ. We don’t want the simple burgers and sausages etc and I can’t really be bothered to do a brisket or pulled pork, so……fire away with some suggestions.

Not really a suggestion but this weekend I’m going to do some pork belly burnt ends, some Sichuan Ribs and some chicken wings which I’m going to marinate in some buttermilk and hot sauce. Not tried any of them before so looking forward to it.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Not really a suggestion but this weekend I’m going to do some pork belly burnt ends, some Sichuan Ribs and some chicken wings which I’m going to marinate in some buttermilk and hot sauce. Not tried any of them before so looking forward to it.

That sounds good!

I’m quite liking Beezerks Asian beef ribs from a few pages back

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

Beef ribs are so easy, pork ribs are available from lots of supermarkets now and are quick and easy to cook. Did a Morissons pichana earlier for some steak sandwiches (yes I should have taken photos ?) and it was tremendous.
Btw if you like salsa I have a killer recipe if you want it.

Tashyboy

Visit site
These are going in the pizza oven later today. Low and slow.

Attachments

• B6CC04F1-43AD-4169-9BDE-69E305653C7A.jpeg
    B6CC04F1-43AD-4169-9BDE-69E305653C7A.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 9
D

Deleted member 16999

Bit of a mix today, Cajun Chicken, marinated overnight, Mediterranean vegetables, Jacket spuds.

Plus Asda sausages for the dog.:cool:

Tashyboy

Visit site
Dear lord they were gorgeous. Banged some jacket spuds in as well. Coated wi olive oil salt and pepper.
For a play I put some carrots and onions in with the marinade. They were sat simmering in the oven for 45 mins. there that good missis T is banging a lasagne in the pizza oven tomorrow and there going in it. Is it safe to go Italian yet. ??

Tashyboy

Visit site
3 1/2 hr lasagne made wi yesterday’s spare ribs sauce. Ave had 3 Butty Bach and the chianti is coming out. Tonight is gonna get messy and if ah post again it’s gonna be bladdered rammel. ?
No different to any other night I suppose. ?

Attachments

• C7380B28-AA85-4F10-A5D2-A642EA6423E0.jpeg
    C7380B28-AA85-4F10-A5D2-A642EA6423E0.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 6