All things BBQ and Braai

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Going to try pulled pork tomorrow, I’ve got a shoulder of pork and it’s got about half inch of fat and skin on one side. So do I remove the skin and as much fat as possible or do I keep it on and cook fat side down? Seen both versions online…. What’s people’s thoughts?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Going to try pulled pork tomorrow, I’ve got a shoulder of pork and it’s got about half inch of fat and skin on one side. So do I remove the skin and as much fat as possible or do I keep it on and cook fat side down? Seen both versions online…. What’s people’s thoughts?

I always remove the fat when doing pulled pork.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site

As above, remove the fat. A shoulder joint has plenty fat in it anyway. The fat on the outside i only ever leave on for crackling. The fat layer will also stop your rub penetrating the meat as much.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

Pretty pleased the way the pork turned out but the star of the show was the crackling!
(Again sorry for the sideways photos)
1B4592E3-2395-4011-9786-7AA3FDD0978E.jpeg61E6E6CA-1A31-4BA8-B7D2-F04C9D879FDF.jpeg18EA97F7-C37B-48CB-8626-8427EDC57A85.jpeg

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just a quick heads up, from next Thursday, Lidl are doing Tomahawk steaks. From next Thursday Aldi are doing tomahawks, wagyu steaks, venison steaks and godfather rump steaks.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Well the weekend is upon us and the weather is set fair so is anyone trying anything post worthy?
Ive had a bit of a spend up at Farmisons.co.uk so I’m going to try a Picanha joint, reverse sear method. Watched a few YouTubes so I’m confident I’m gonna ace it! ?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
James Martin's Saturday kitchen STV, last week he did a large Rack of Ribs that looked delicious.
He boiled them 1st in salt water +[ I think ] then into an oven, finally barbequing them with a home made sauce.
They looked absolutely fantastic .(y)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I’ve made my pizza dough and it’s now in the fridge overnight.?

missis T is making the dough in the morning. Tomorrow is pizza day. Lad Tash has a girl coming round later In the day, she is a good friend.. She is bringing her daughter. She is 4/5. Her father is no longer with us. 11th rifles guy who could not cope with ptsd. Funeral on weds.
Tash is pulling out all the stops tomorrow to make it a good day for the little one. Could well be a chocolate pizza Tash style chucked in.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
1st BBQ of the year, just the basics of burger and sausages, and fish for the vegetarian.

Has anybody ever done a whole fish on the BBQ? I wonder if it worth a go. Maybe a trout or sea bass.