All things BBQ and Braai

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
That will keep you fed for a while

In all honesty Steve I need to get out of the comfort zone of just making pizzas and get some alpha male meat in the oven. There’s enough meat to play with now.

As a side note, I was playing golf with tricky Trev on Thursday. His son is making a beef Wellington tonight for his pals. He asked me how much would I pay for a fillet joint. Apparently that’s the cut that goes in a Wellington. Anyway his son paid £80 for one. They were £35 each at Bury market.Or 2 for £65. ?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Today I decided to give my 3 year old Outback Omega 200 gas lava rock barbeque a good clean out :cry:.
Bad news the burner was so badly rusted it disintegrated when I touched it, then the arse fell out of the base :mad:.

Checked online for a replacement but didn't fancy any of them and wasn't prepared to pay too much.
So " Billy will fix it " :D, so I decided to patched up the base using tin cans cut up and fixed with self tapping screws, see picture .
The new £24.99 burner assembly will hopefully arrive in the next few days, I'll post pictures when fitted , Fingers crossed, boom boom :p

Attachments

• 20210424_190326barbie repair.jpg
    20210424_190326barbie repair.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 14

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
In all honesty Steve I need to get out of the comfort zone of just making pizzas and get some alpha male meat in the oven. There’s enough meat to play with now.

As a side note, I was playing golf with tricky Trev on Thursday. His son is making a beef Wellington tonight for his pals. He asked me how much would I pay for a fillet joint. Apparently that’s the cut that goes in a Wellington. Anyway his son paid £80 for one. They were £35 each at Bury market.Or 2 for £65. ?

We can expect some good updates in here then.

How much did those joints weigh?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
We can expect some good updates in here then.

How much did those joints weigh?

in all honesty Steve Ave not got a clue. They are at least 1 1/2 lb. re the beef sirloin joint the butcher asked whether we wanted a sirloin or brisket joint. Which led to a discussion re rising price of brisket. His take is “ blame restaurants for the rising cost of brisket and ribs” they now class it as fancy food. 24 hr low and slow brisket. More demand equals higher price. I also asked re beef ribs. He said they are called jacobs ladders. Ave never heard that before.
Lastly, the rib eye steak which has never been my first choice as a steak look fantastic with the marbling in it.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
in all honesty Steve Ave not got a clue. They are at least 1 1/2 lb. re the beef sirloin joint the butcher asked whether we wanted a sirloin or brisket joint. Which led to a discussion re rising price of brisket. His take is “ blame restaurants for the rising cost of brisket and ribs” they now class it as fancy food. 24 hr low and slow brisket. More demand equals higher price. I also asked re beef ribs. He said they are called jacobs ladders. Ave never heard that before.
Lastly, the rib eye steak which has never been my first choice as a steak look fantastic with the marbling in it.
Ribeye would be my first choice (y)

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site

Rib eye is my steak of choice. Beef ribs (Jacobs ladder) is incredible though, definitely cook some of these if you get the chance

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Today I decided to give my 3 year old Outback Omega 200 gas lava rock barbeque a good clean out :cry:.
Bad news the burner was so badly rusted it disintegrated when I touched it, then the arse fell out of the base :mad:.

Checked online for a replacement but didn't fancy any of them and wasn't prepared to pay too much.
So " Billy will fix it " :D, so I decided to patched up the base using tin cans cut up and fixed with self tapping screws, see picture .
The new £24.99 burner assembly will hopefully arrive in the next few days, I'll post pictures when fitted , Fingers crossed, boom boom :p
Update !! my new burner assembly arrived today 3pm :D. Now fitted and tested here's some pictures.-

Attachments

• 20210425_171554bq1r.jpg
    20210425_171554bq1r.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210425_164846bq2r.jpg
    20210425_164846bq2r.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210425_165224bq4r.jpg
    20210425_165224bq4r.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210425_174209bq5r.jpg
    20210425_174209bq5r.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210425_173949bq6r.jpg
    20210425_173949bq6r.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 14

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just done my best beer can chicken yet, used an A&O buffalo wings rub and had the heat higher than I've done previously. Turned out superb, really crispy skin and juice central when I cut into it.
Sorry no photos, I was too excited and starving to take some ?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Just done my best beer can chicken yet, used an A&O buffalo wings rub and had the heat higher than I've done previously. Turned out superb, really crispy skin and juice central when I cut into it.
Sorry no photos, I was too excited and starving to take some ?

Going to have a crack at one tomorrow, and try to do some rosemary and garlic roasted new potatoes too. What sort of beer did you use, a lager or an ale? I was thinking of using a citra hopped ipa.

Just been playing with the AK today, done some burgers, sausages and pork belly which all came out fine but not very adventurous. ?