Align grips

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have an align grip on my driver, none of my other clubs have that grip.
I really don’t think I get any benefit plus it looks a bit of a task to get lined up on the Callaway adapter shaft.
Does anyone use these and think they are worth replacing?

Neeko1988

Visit site
I used to use them but they started to annoy me when I played shots where I manipulated the face at address. Also not very good for adjustable clubs. I do think they can help ensure you have the grip in the fingers though ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've had clubs with them fitted...if I'm honest I can't feel the ridge..:unsure:
PITA to line up when putting them on, one little twist and they look :poop:
And, as said, useless for adjustable clubs.
Give me a bog standard NDMC any day of the week.....

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've had clubs with them fitted...if I'm honest I can't feel the ridge..:unsure:
PITA to line up when putting them on, one little twist and they look :poop:
And, as said, useless for adjustable clubs.
Give me a bog standard NDMC any day of the week.....
Snap

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So consensus is nah don’t bother. Which I think I had been in that camp but wanted to know if I was missing any facts

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I bought a second hand wedge that had one on once. Hated it - felt too thick, and the align ridge was useless to me really since I have a pretty strong grip. I had it taken off off pretty sharpish. Possibly worthwhile if you're trying to maintain a neutral grip, but as stated above not much good on adjustable clubs unless you never plan to adjust them again. Not great if you want to open or close the face on a shot either.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
I use ribbed grips for my pleasure on all my clubs, I go through phases of loving them or not noticing them.

I've never heard a coherent argument for or against them so assume its 100% personal preference...

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I stopped using ribbed grips 30 years ago because they mean you can only grip with the head facing one direction and I like to fade and draw ie, open and close the club face.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have always used ribbed grips, and currently have MCC Plus 4 Align on my sticks, although part way through the process of changing to Lamkin ST+2 Calibrate Hybrids (same idea but softer).

If you like the ridge sitting in the crook of your fingers, great grips. Most adjustable woods change shaft alignment when you change,. although Callaway is one exception, shaft and grip stays in same orientation. I have a Titleist fairway and hybrid too, but I tend not to move them around, so I set it up as I want it, stick the grip on that alignment.