AIG Women’s Open 2024 - St Andrews

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Heading up to Dunfermline next Wednesday to stay with my cousin for duration of the Women’s Open. Looking for advice from locals on whether I should drive Dunfermline to St Andrews - parking is local to the course and free but don’t want to spend an eternity in jams getting in and out. Or do I just get the bus from Dunfermline to St Andrews and back.

Crumplezone

Visit site
Heading up to Dunfermline next Wednesday to stay with my cousin for duration of the Women’s Open. Looking for advice from locals on whether I should drive Dunfermline to St Andrews - parking is local to the course and free but don’t want to spend an eternity in jams getting in and out. Or do I just get the bus from Dunfermline to St Andrews and back.
Been to a few women's opens, including St Andrews and never had much problem with traffic getting out. There was a shuttle bus from the parking to the course at St Andrews.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is driving part way an option? ie drive to a rail station just short of Leuchars, (Cupar?) then get the train (and shuttle bus) from there.

(To those who mentioned it - whereabouts is St Michaels station?)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And so…currently stopped in Tebay Services for a sausage roll (the world’s best did you know) and coffee on my way to Fife. My club’s Lottie Woad is teeing off from the 10th at 8am tomorrow. So a bit of a walk once I get to the course - an early rise is required of me to be there.

Just something to watch out for those interested…she did interviews yesterday with Sky Golf and CNN…don’t know if they’ve been shown yet.

Plus she was accompanied by Catriona Matthews playing 9 holes yesterday…I’m guessing CM was checking her out for how she’ll be used in the Curtis Cup at end of this month.

Exciting times for Lottie and her coach/caddie (my daughter’s partner).

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I’ve been to the women’s open at Muirfield. It was pretty quiet, I wouldn’t be worried about traffic.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
And so…currently stopped in Tebay Services for a sausage roll (the world’s best did you know) and coffee on my way to Fife. My club’s Lottie Woad is teeing off from the 10th at 8am tomorrow. So a bit of a walk once I get to the course - an early rise is required of me to be there.

Just something to watch out for those interested…she did interviews yesterday with Sky Golf and CNN…don’t know if they’ve been shown yet.

Plus she was accompanied by Catriona Matthews playing 9 holes yesterday…I’m guessing CM was checking her out for how she’ll be used in the Curtis Cup at end of this month.

Exciting times for Lottie and her coach/caddie (my daughter’s partner).
At that time of the morning drive and use the shuttle bus. It won’t be that busy but the bus takes an age as it follows the coast 80% of the way.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Enjoy your week
Really looking forward to watching this.
Come on Charlie,although I feel her aggressive putting will put some severe pressure on the 5 or 6footers coming back.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
We’re 45 mins away and I’m toying with taking the family across tomorrow. Appreciate your feedback on traffic , ease of access to St Andrews etc.

Wife and child are not into golf so I’m wondering if they’ll get bored quickly.