AG Trade In

El Diablo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Had an email from AG, so popped into one of our local shops on Saturday taking a set of used 2yo irons in - I have never traded anything in with AG before.

This was a set that Golfbidder would not take due to the rough condition of a couple of soles (son's old irons which he has used a lot over the period he had them).

The value offered was more in £ than the US PGA Trade In $ value.

Must admit I did not know that the new deal is only a like for like basis now (plus linked to your members account) i.e. must trade irons in for a new set of irons.

Was very impressed with the amount offered considering the overall condition, maybe there are some better deals now.

Problem is I don't think I could justify the additional £500+ for a set of Mizuno JPX 900 Tour irons .....

I did take a look at the Titleist AP3's which are very nice and hit a few balls which went very well and felt good. But £150 per club (at the moment) for a non forged iron :eek:

Would have been a new putter otherwise but que sera sera, maybe they will widen the deal towards Christmas.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm glad I bought my clubs when I did (this time last year) I got the 716 ap1 which were the latest model at that time

Anyways I got 4 - pw which this years model is £805 I got mine for £599 minus ofc the 225 they gave me for my g15 pings

Minus the 225 this year would make the 718 almost the same price of the 716!

I blame brexit lol

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
DO we know what process and by what means AG are valuing Part Ex clubs at the moment ??? Are they still using the PGA guide. I'm assuming they're not doubling up anymore ???

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
DO we know what process and by what means AG are valuing Part Ex clubs at the moment ??? Are they still using the PGA guide. I'm assuming they're not doubling up anymore ???
They are giving more than the PGA guide, but not as good as it was in the past. I think they have there own guide now. For instance I got a price for my my epic 5w of £121, the PGA guide has it at $90

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Yup I believe it is the PGA guide they use, not doubling up but from what I have seen they are adding some on top of the trade in but suppose the amount will depend on how well the trade in will sell.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
i popped into the AG store at Monument and they had an immaculate set of Mizzy MP 32's reduced to £105!

it was a shame that they were made for you awkward buggers that play right handed.