AG Long drive championship...Who fancies a go?

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's got the crappy thing that has 5 lights below the ball, it's awful. It's annoyed me because on GC2/Trackman I am usually up around 310-315 carry.

The longest drive I hit on their crappy tracker was 296. I murdered my last drive and would have expected it to be up near 335 but it reckoned 275 carry.

I may still have a chance to win the store prize but won't qualify

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Because hitting the ball a long way, and putting a score together, are completely different skills.

Because hitting 300 yards has no guarantee the ball will stay on the golf course. Plenty of high handicappers at my place can give it a bash out there but many will reload or be playing out of thick rough. Not sure they correlate scoring and throttling back to do so

gazr99

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Was quite interesting for me. Machine wasn't working yesterday, so went to a different store this morning only to find out their tracking machine wasn't working as well!

However luckily they are based at a golf club so have the luxury of using a driving range, which the guy said they will judge the distance by eye. Unfortunately this driving range a rather big steep hill starting at about 200-220 yards and I tend to carry the ball 230-240.

Overall the guy thought the best drive was around 240, fortunately at the time I was the only who had entered at the store so should win a store prize!

mchacker

Head Pro
Visit site
Got one out to 277 after losing a bit through grabbing the ground before the ball. Wouldn't have mattered no matter, there was a 345 yard hit in already:eek:

drew83

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
After a shocking day driving Sunday, I went to AG Lakeside Thurrock yesterday. We had already been all around Ikea & Lakeside itself (a big shopping centre for those that don't know).

I took hold of a new taylormade aeroburner 10.5* in regular. took a 1st swing, & panicked when I heard the crack of the club on ball & ball on screen as had never used an indoor screen thing before.

That went 180ish carry rolled out to 190ish.

Still nervous of hitting something in the room (lights, wall etc) I hit my 2nd. 200 carry 213 finish. swing speed of 83mph. ball speed of 130ish mph.

thought "just leather it". but something in the back of my mind was worried about hitting something on the back swing. still hit an 85pmh swing, carried 205ish rolled to 219.

Wasn't too happy with it, as the leader had a 285 yard. But after sunday being so bad, me usually using a +1inch 12* & being done from the day's shopping took some comfort that I would have done better.

i am not expecting to win anything other than maybe a consellation prize for being so short!

3rd shot,

KhalJimbo

Head Pro
Visit site
I had a go at my local AG on Saturday after picking up my new trolley.

Had a go on the new Callaway XR driver (really nice driver) and ended up with a best of 227. Said to the guy I don't stand a chance at anything as really can't drive well and the longest drive for that day was 288!

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just got confirmed that I won the longest drive at my store :) now I can go on my rampage about the inconsistencies of the tracking across store!