AG Long drive championship...Who fancies a go?

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Funny this subject should pop up as I was just about to post a thread concerning the "driver issues" I'd been having of late, now as some of you may/may not know I had a "Crews Tourlink D-460" driver which I could "drive off the tee" anywhere up to 300yds regularly but it broke so I replaced it with a "Tour Edge Bazooka" now this is where the probs started as I couldn't hit it for toffee and it's been in the locker for about 2 months anyway a work mate gave me a bit of a pointer last Friday afternoon when we where out on the course and suddenly it all came flooding back so "Monday morning" when all was quiet I wandered off too the 13th tee with a handful of balls to give the "driver" a go and I was gobsmacked with the results the longest of which was a most impressive (to me anyway) 310yds with the other 4 balls there or thereabouts !... :eek:

Our 13th is 337 off the yellows and I paced out 26yds from where the ball came to rest to the pin which was about a yard forward of the centre of the green so if my maths is rite it worked out at a magical 310yds, now to say I'm "1 happy bunny" is an understatement !...:thup:

Do you think I'd be in with a chance of winning, nah probably not !...

Oh by the way and just out of interest "Bigbury GC" may not exist for much longer, the course is part of an estate which was bought out last year by some "big cheese" from up London way (friends with Cameron apparently) and rumour has it the new owner wants to turn it into a shoot for his "rich and famous chums" so I could be joining the "dole que" before long, just as well I've just passed my tree felling course as I may need to go into buisness for myself !...:angry:

Last edited:

SugarPenguin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
In fact lads iv changed my mind im well up for this..... If you live in the South Yorkshire Region I wouldn't bother turning up.

[video=youtube;oZXPkkZMwJQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZXPkkZMwJQ[/video]

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been down there and bad my go. Shame the launch monitor they use is absolute pants compared to the GC2 and Trackman. Complete waste of time.

Same for everyone though I suppose

mchacker

Head Pro
Visit site
Been down there and bad my go. Shame the launch monitor they use is absolute pants compared to the GC2 and Trackman. Complete waste of time.

Same for everyone though I suppose

Has your store still got Vector? Inverness has GC2 these days, no HMT but still plenty info available