AG Birthday Voucher

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone had any experience of AG customer service? I got the £10 birthday voucher which I’ve had previously and always used in store.
This time I wanted to get some shoes but didn’t want to order online as I wanted to try on before buying. I contacted them asking if it would be possible to extend the date (until shops open again on 12th April) so I could go in store. I was told point blank ‘no’ it’s not possible to extend them. I politely asked if it was possible to give me an alternative and was again told ‘no’.

I thought they may have gone a little further as I would have probably spent another £90 or so on top of the voucher plus any other bits like balls, tees etc. However I’ll now just go elsewhere and spend the money. I would have thought they would have tried to help out a little more to get the money in but doesn’t seem so.

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
American golf in my opinion are terrible for customer service . We was one day out with some vouchers we were given for Xmas .

The gift card did not state what the expiry day was and unfortunately the relative who purchased them did so several months ahead before they gave them to us as a gift

American golf admitted the store they were bought from should have wrote the expiry date on the gift card but despite this error would
Still not extend them ( even by 1 day )

Morale of this story I will never shop with them again, regardless if I was given a free voucher for my birthday or not .

Anyway rant over :)

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
There aren't many companies that send a £10 voucher each year, with no minimum spend. Why don't you just order the shoes online, and return them if they don't fit?

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
I used to get one then it stopped. When I looked at the 'Member' section of my account my birthday date had been removed, but still visible in 'my account details'.

I think I must have upset one of the staff by not buying something:unsure:

Visit site
I used to get one then it stopped. When I looked at the 'Member' section of my account my birthday date had been removed, but still visible in 'my account details'.

I think I must have upset one of the staff by not buying something:unsure:
You're not alone - the same happened to me. I spoke to someone at American golf about it who apparently updated it at their end but when my next birthday came around again it was the same story

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
There aren't many companies that send a £10 voucher each year, with no minimum spend. Why don't you just order the shoes online, and return them if they don't fit?
with shoes I’d prefer to try them on, all manufacturers are slightly different sizes and I would have to pay for the return. The £10 doesn’t massively bother me, I just thought they would do their best to try and keep customers as whenever I’ve been in their shops are generally poor stock and nowhere near as good as other local shops or online dealers where most people must shop now

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
with shoes I’d prefer to try them on, all manufacturers are slightly different sizes and I would have to pay for the return. The £10 doesn’t massively bother me, I just thought they would do their best to try and keep customers as whenever I’ve been in their shops are generally poor stock and nowhere near as good as other local shops or online dealers where most people must shop now
You're right about the sizing being different! Could you not return to store once you've tried them on? (I don't know, but I'm just thinking of a solution)