Advice on Price

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
I am looking to sell a set of golf clubs and am unsure of what to ask. It is a bit of a mish mash of stuff. Was hoping to put them all in together and ask for say £100 on something like Gum Tree. Does that seem like too much or too little?

Advice much appreciated, stuff is listed below. All in used condition say 6/10 condition.

A Nike stand bag black

Cobra SZ440 Driver (Inc Head Cover)

Mizuno Mp001 3,5 and 7 Woods (Inc Head Covers)

Ben Hogan FTX Apex 3- PW Irons

Alien GW and SW Wedges.

Could also add an old Seve putter in there to make a full set.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Surely you're better off selling separately when none of it matches? i.e. you're more likely to find one guy who particularly wants a Nike bag, and another guy who wants some Ben Hogan irons, than you are to find one person who wants a big mismatched set of clubs. And you could probably make more cash selling them individually as well I'd guess.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Surely you're better off selling separately when none of it matches? i.e. you're more likely to find one guy who particularly wants a Nike bag, and another guy who wants some Ben Hogan irons, than you are to find one person who wants a big mismatched set of clubs. And you could probably make more cash selling them individually as well I'd guess.

I agree but the reality is I am a hoarder who never sells anything. I just don't bother and these have been sat in my garage for 10 years doing very little and will continue to do so. If I can just put them up and shift them in 1 go I will do but the time and effort spent to shift them individually just won't happen so an all in one set just might.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I agree but the reality is I am a hoarder who never sells anything. I just don't bother and these have been sat in my garage for 10 years doing very little and will continue to do so. If I can just put them up and shift them in 1 go I will do but the time and effort spent to shift them individually just won't happen so an all in one set just might.

not forgetting the hassle of postage if you sell them individually .

badgermat

Club Champion
Visit site
Have a feeling this is definitely a more-is-less deal.

The Ben Hogan irons are probably worth £90 to £120 by themselves, the Mizuno woods maybe a bit more than £50.

All the rest are just clutter and if you insist on selling them together it'll look like you're clearing stuff you don't care about, so you'll be lucky to get £75.

bm