advice on irons :)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Adams A7 you won't go too far wrong with. I played A2s for a number of years before switching to Mizunos and they were excellent GI irons as this is what they are designed for.

wobs1968

Visit site
Hi I have been playing about twenty yesars and i would say get some second hand pings maybe G5 or G10 if you can get a good deal maybe off e-bay. You could then book a fitting at Ping for them to be adjusted to your swing. This is well worth doing especially if you live near the ping factory at Gainsbourgh Lincolnshire.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
How is it a windup, jesus christ seems like a great community here :\

The "£26" driver was obviously more new, I did a search online for cheap drivers and loads of people suggested the powerbilt slugger.

I bought it used via an eBay auction. And as for the 300 yards, I didnt say I do this everytime, All I was trying to point out is when I do hit well, I naturally get good distance.

Im not one for being "bought into brands" I couldnt care what the label says if it does a job. I clear the back of my local driving range (over the bank) which is 250yards with range balls. Just because you cant hit your expensive club that far doesnt mean Im lying :\ I have better things to do than make things up to strangers over the internet, The idea was for me to give you an idea of where im at so people could make suggestions.

Also, i'm going round in a ton because 1. my putting stinks right now 2. naturally, im inconsistent i.e great drive, awful approach or otherway round etc.

Anyway, thanks for the guys that answered seriously, i'll maybe find another forum to go a tell lies on purely because I dont buy the most expensive bit of kit out there.

Sorry bud it's not the £26ishness of the driver and it's nothing personal but you've walked straight into a bit of a forum joke, claims of 300 yard drives on your 1st post. You may be the exception to the rule but 300 yard claims tend to fall a little flat when push comes to shove!

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am selling some taylormade burner 2.0's on ebay right now, they end on saturday and are at about £160 at the minute with no reserve. fantastic GI clubs and incredibly long.

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi mate, There is a lot of scepticism on forums about distance claims, rightly so. There are also a lot of members here who seem to think anyone who can hit the ball over 250yards is some kind of extra terrestrial. I wouldn't worry about it.

Regarding your irons, I can second the recommendation for mizuno mx23. I've had two sets, the first with reg shafts that I sold to get the second with stiff shafts. I'm hanging onto them as a back up set, otherwise i'd have offered them to you. They are great clubs, forgiving, good looking, nice feeling. You should be able to get a set on eBay for your budget. Defo go for a stiff shaft if you are swinging as fast as you say.
You'll probably want to put a hybrid in instead of the 3iron. You could pick up a cobra baffler dws for not a lot of money, as good as any of the new clubs IMO.

Cheers
Stu

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. Sorry your first post has been a bad experience, some people on here can't believe a long hitter when they see one :)

My irons & wedges are Wilson Staff. They're not regarded as the greatest clubs in the world by many, but I have to say they've done my well. I use the Di11's though, which are supposed to increase distance... maybe you don't need those particular ones! Worth a look.

Best of luck mate, let us know what you find and if they help!

T89

Club Champion
Visit site
mus' be fate!

I stumbled accross some MD ST2 steel shaft brand new and bagged them for £87. Couldnt resist, I am bound to get my money back if I dont get on with them :D

I already have a hybrid, cheapo one from Golf HQ, palm springs 2EZ No.3 or something, cost me about £15-20 and I love it! lol