Advice on Irons

Hoganman1

Visit site
Thanks again guys, as I say I am not looking for a set that will improve me, I just got bored in lockdown, sold my irons at a price I couldnt refuse and fancy treating myself to something a bit newer! lol

So just advice on whether there is a range that comes under the "forgiving" category but doesnt look like a big brick at address! lol

cheers thought great food for thought, I have about 4 weeks to sort!
Good luck and enjoy the search.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks again guys, as I say I am not looking for a set that will improve me, I just got bored in lockdown, sold my irons at a price I couldnt refuse and fancy treating myself to something a bit newer! lol

So just advice on whether there is a range that comes under the "forgiving" category but doesnt look like a big brick at address! lol

cheers thought great food for thought, I have about 4 weeks to sort!

Irons aside, and that’s not West Ham, I take it you’re a Spurs fan from your name ?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi All,hoping for a bit of advice

I am an 11 handicapper but my worst part of my game is my iron striking, it is something I am going to work on this year. I am lookingto get a set of irons upto 3/4 years old max that are a forgiving set without being massive cavity backs. Have been playing AP2s but just feel I want a bit more forgiveness for my poor play! Is there anything out there that fits into that cetegory? My initial thought was AP3s? (PS I do not give two hoots what brand they are)

I would consider new irons, but only after a few lessons to improve your current action. That process will also help identify what sort of club best suits you. If you are an 11, you must be a decent enough striker.

There is also a lot of stuff online about iron striking, for example Athletic Motion Golf, who put a lot of emphasis on hands forward at impact and avoiding flipping the hands.

The AP3s always struck me as a gimmicky set with reduced lofts to flatter on distance. Someone further up mentioned Srixons. I have a 585/785 combo set and they are great irons, now replaced by something else so may be some deals.