Adjusting putter lie ?

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Has anyone ever adjusted the lie on their putter ?

I've gone back to my old odyssey and although I putted well today it is very much toe in the air and can't be best for consistent putting but seems it's cast so not so sure it can be adjusted.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I asked the Pro at my brother's course to try and adjust three of mine, which were all stainless and probably cast.

He couldn't manage anything on two of them, primarily I think because his loft/lie machine wouldn't hold them tightly enough as they were odd shapes. One I'd asked for loft, the other lie.

He did manage one of them though (lie angle) but that was a very simple shape.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Has anyone ever adjusted the lie on their putter ?

I've gone back to my old odyssey and although I putted well today it is very much toe in the air and can't be best for consistent putting but seems it's cast so not so sure it can be adjusted.

If the putter is toe up, stand closer to the ball, wouldn't need to ne much I'd guess to have the putter sit flat(ter).

Playing partner had the same issue, toe up putter kept catching the heel when putting and missing putts, I told him what the issue was, but he wouldn't have it instead, he went to a pro who told him the same thing, he then bought a new putter which lay flatter and his putting improved a lot, but said new putter is on the naughty step now and it back to the old putter and toe up and missed putts.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
If the putter is toe up, stand closer to the ball, wouldn't need to ne much I'd guess to have the putter sit flat(ter).

Playing partner had the same issue, toe up putter kept catching the heel when putting and missing putts, I told him what the issue was, but he wouldn't have it instead, he went to a pro who told him the same thing, he then bought a new putter which lay flatter and his putting improved a lot, but said new putter is on the naughty step now and it back to the old putter and toe up and missed putts.
Arguably the distance you stand from the ball should be a function of your stance, and getting your eyes directly over the line of putt (it may be directly over the ball on that line, but not always...
After which you then either move you hands, or adjust the putter lie, to achieve the final lie for you.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Do you have an angle between your forearm and putter shaft or is it a straight line like below

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 2

Mr Hip

Medal Winner
Visit site
I have the Cure RX3 and 4. Both are adjustable for shaft type, wry neck or straight in, lie and weight. Doesn't help you though. Maybe a welding torch on the bottom of the shaft and a bit of muscle?