Adidas Powerband - did I order the correct size?

Redwood

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I was reading the post regarding the Adidas 360 3.0, and decided I needed a new set of shoes for the summer. I currently have a pair of black Footjoy DryJoy Pro's, which have served me well during the winter, but make me look like an idiot (not that my golf does not do sufficient talking in that area also).

I set out to find a nice pair of white golf shoes, and stumbled upon a pair of Adidas Powerband for a very good price, and ordered them today. I remember reading on the Adidas 360 post that Adidas normally come up half a size short, and in fact the website (online golf) confirmed this in their size chart. Then I read in another place that in fact the Adidas 360 and Powerband come up a hlaf a size too big.

Have I ordered the worng size? I went half a size bigger (usually a 9 and ordered 9.5).

nmartyn

Head Pro
Visit site
i'll have to check tonight, i've got two pairs.

the first ones were spot on out of the box, i think they're 10.5's. the 2nd pair took a bit of wearing in, i think they're 10's.

i'm a 10 so they weren't far off.

Barney

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Am the same as MVP on this one .... am a 10.5 so got an 11.

PS

Keep your receipt handy as you will need it to send them back when they fall apart.

You are so right. The build quality on these shoes is rubbish !!!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
My only experience with Adidas golf shoes would see me ordering half a size too big to be honest. The ones I had (correct size 9) gave me really bad blisters and I ended up binning them.
If they are a little too big, then just wear two pairs of socks...this will help avoid any blisters anyway.
Rather that than have them too tight.

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ive got some 360 Ltd 's which are spot on in my normal size 11.

Have to say, were like slippers straight from the box, and still are.
Absolutely superb.

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just ordered some new AQ's from pro and got him to order different sized shoes no probs. 8 for left and 8.5 for right , cant other manufacturers do this ?

T

thecraw

Am the same as MVP on this one .... am a 10.5 so got an 11.

PS

Keep your receipt handy as you will need it to send them back when they fall apart.

You are so right. The build quality on these shoes is rubbish !!!

Build quality rubbish my big toe!

I have a pair of black powerbands now a year old, still immaculate condition, still comfy as, still 100% waterproof and own two other pairs of Adidas shoes.

I dont think you will be disapointed with your purchase.

Ian_Bristol

Head Pro
Visit site
I got a pair of Addidas and they were to tight in my normal size so went 1 size bigger the problem was then that after I broke them in they started to crease just below the lace flaps and were digging into my foot just behind the toes, I took them back and the guy in the shop said that this is a common fault when sizing addidas but it was also my fault for going to big but being a golfer himself allowed me to pay the difference and get a pair of footjoy's ( good old JJB )

Redwood

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just taken delivery of said items, and they look great. The colour scheme I went for probably isn't to everyones liking (white, red and yellow), but I like them.

Size feels about right, and when they loosen a bit they should be spot on.

I've got my daughter's christening on Sunday, so won't be playing all weekend, but should get out on Monday. I'll report back then.