Adams Golf Idea Super XTD Hybrid

The People's Republic of Leith, Edinburgh
Visit site
Love mine :thup:

Also got a matching f'way wood which is fantastic, when its not needing mended :rolleyes:
The tungsten weight at the toe has now come out 3 times (lost on course) and I'm now waiting on a replacement head as their repair department clearly cannot be trusted....... Our pro is struggling to get hold of the right person to talk to since the takeover by ATG, so I've whipped the shaft into my 910f until its resolved.

Thankfully no such issues with the hyb!
:cheers:

Last edited:

Jon321

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yep. Got the 19, love it. Was considering a 15hybrid or the fairway. I don't want it driver long though. I need a 3 wood to fill the gap between g20 driver and the 19 hybrid.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
how are you fixed for next weekend? the weather is supposed to last till Tuesday. hopefully it picks up again by the weekend!

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got a board comp on Sunday.... Don't know if I will get a pass for Saturday aswell... Will let you know tomorrow....

AllyLodge

Head Pro
Visit site
i have the adams idea super ss hybrid. bought it because it was at a cheap price on evilbay and i have never got on with it. shame i didn't get the xtd instead because they are supposedly very different.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
flog it and get the xtd or try gripping down a little on it. the shaft on the xtd is quite long. im gripping about 2 inches down on it atm. I get much better contact this way.

Desiguy29

Visit site
http://reviews.adamsgolf.com/7527-en_us/1000107/adams-golf-idea-super-xtd-hybrid-reviews/reviews.htm

anyone else playing one of these monsters? I bought the 15 degree off my mate. this club is really long and so easy to hit.

the head is bigger than my old adams a12 pro but smaller than a fairway wood.

if you have a chance to hit one of these. do it! this thing is making my driver redundant atm.7

:thup:
How do you hit it (like irons or woods) and what is your ball position for the 15 deg hybrid? I seem to have a pull hook issue with it. Especially off the deck. Thanks.

LeeTurner

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have the 17 degree XTD and when I hit it well it just flies. I agree that the shaft is very long for a hybrid, the same as my 5 wood, so I also find that gripping down gives a much better contact. Since I've had this the driver rarely gets used as this I find more fairways with this club and the difference in distance is minimal. However as per the previous poster I do battle off the deck more than the tee but slowing the swing down seems to help along with more of a wood type sweep.
It is a superb club with a great shaft and whilst, when it came out, I wouldn't have paid the high price (+-£200) after using one for a couple of months now it's worth every penny they ask.