Adam Scott - the real deal

golfdonkey

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was pleased to see Adam Scott win the Tour Championship but I was surprised to see he's ranked number four in the world. He has only won once this year and recorded a few top-five finishes. Then again, he's only missed one cut this season - the week before the Tour Championship. Should consistency be rewarded? I don't know - what do other people think? Maybe we need to have a look at the whole ranking system which, let's face it, is heavily loaded towards the PGA Tour players.

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
I agree it is odd to see Scott so high but then again Golf Donkey who do you think should currenlty be ranked No 4 in the world? Aside from Woods and Furyk - who have been so far of everyone else all year in terms of consistency - who has really excelled this year and won lots of tournaments?

Arguably Garcia has played the best golf of anyone aside from his putting. Then on the Euro Tour Johan Edfors has won 3 times but you can't really say he deserves to be near the top of the world rankings.

Perhaps they are gd as they are...?

Shooter_McGavin

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Edfors-come off it-as much potential as he has he is not up there with the likes of Garcia yet- there seems to be an edfors fan club on this site!

I was very surprised at scotts position in the world rankings- although he's got the talent to be up there he has not been great this year-it perhaps suggests the strength in depth of world golf- so many different winners!!

swingstar1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
lumped it on Scott this weekend (albeit it a short odds of 10/1) so pleased to see him come home

go to be close to BPNTHWAM status now...

Severiano798488

Club Champion
Visit site
I think Monty's time has passed unfortunately, though I'd be as pleased as anyone if he could break his duck.

Scott's looking the part, I especially love his swing. Personally though I think Garcia is the man for breaking a Major duck in 2007 and I reckon he'll win the Masters or the Open.