Accepting/Declining Annual Review findings

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry if this has been answered before but.... Is there a requirement for the player to consent to the changes. They can appeal to the Union, I know, but it seems to go against the principle of not being able to select your own handicap if its allowed.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I don't generally think that the player has an option, he may dispute the decision, I guess, but it down to the club to decide and I believe that CONGU don't like clubs not to go with the recommendation without good cause

D

Deleted member 15344

The appeal process is mainly there for unfair HC changes I expect

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry if this has been answered before but.... Is there a requirement for the player to consent to the changes. They can appeal to the Union, I know, but it seems to go against the principle of not being able to select your own handicap if its allowed.

At the end of the day the decision ( to make adjustment),is made by the handicap committee. If you go back and give them new information that wasn't available at the time, I am sure they can review it again.

DCB

Visit site
When the review report is run, it gives various options and suggestions, the actual decision has to be made by the handicap committee. The suggested changes are based on actual results from the previous seasons play, so, it is fairly robust IMO.

Why would you want to decline the change the club has implemented ?