Absolute scumbags!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Sounds like you may have punctured the shield material, and the bag is leaking.
The Defender bag has 2 pockets, with only the rear one shielding the car. Stupid question, but…..;)

We also have Defender bags which we keep the spare keys in; better than the ones we use daily, but still failed today ?

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
That will solve the problem because no-one ever had a car stolen when keys were needed :rolleyes:

Also, if someone was going to steal my car, I would prefer them to take it without coming into the house to get the keys

Didn't say it would "solve the problem", i.e. Stop all car thefts.
But now with keyless, it is really easy, as we have seen according to the figures from the Police . Or are you denying keyless is now easier?
No one is going to argue with your last sentence, as a statement,but the point it is making is what? ".Dont lock any doors or guard any property, .because it will invite violence?? "

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
An unfortunate incident at a local driving test centre some time back..
Instructor's car was keyless entry..he's stood by the window of the waiting room with his car directly outside no more than 6 feet away.
Pupil goes out on test, stalls the car and can't get it going again...because the instructor has the "key" in his pocket...Oops ?

Oh, Lordy- what was the outcome. A "failed" and tired legs?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The advice from the Boys in Blue in town, is to use a Stoplock. The visual deterent is worth more than it's cost as the car nabbers use electronics and not tools/muscle now.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
An unfortunate incident at a local driving test centre some time back..
Instructor's car was keyless entry..he's stood by the window of the waiting room with his car directly outside no more than 6 feet away.
Pupil goes out on test, stalls the car and can't get it going again...because the instructor has the "key" in his pocket...Oops ?

Does this happen though? I thought the car just gives a warning that the key is absent, that’s what my Volvo did when the wife dropped me off at the pub once. (But she did come back to get the fob off of me)

Also if that was the case surely the toe rags nicking the cars would all stall at the end of the road?

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Does this happen though? I thought the car just gives a warning that the key is absent, that’s what my Volvo did when the wife dropped me off at the pub once. (But she did come back to get the fob off of me)

Also if that was the case surely the toe rags nicking the cars would all stall at the end of the road?

He probably stalled it himself, not because the key wasn't present. He then couldn't get it restarted because the key wasn't present.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's just showing off ?.

Where do you put all of your 'stuff' if your car is in the garage? Or, are you one of those decadent double garage people I've read about ?
We both our cars in the garage ?, but do have an exceptionally large garden shed.
Played with a guy whose son works in insurance and reckons you get lower insurance quotes by saying you park on driveway and not in garage, don't know how true that is!!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We both our cars in the garage ?, but do have an exceptionally large garden shed.
Played with a guy whose son works in insurance and reckons you get lower insurance quotes by saying you park on driveway and not in garage, don't know how true that is!!

They say now you get cheaper if the car is on the street as they don't know which house

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I think they just make it up to suit themselves. I went from parking on the street into a garage within a 24 hour security gated set of work units once. Insurance nearly doubled and when I questioned it they said it’s because it’s more of a target than it was on the street. 6 months later I went back to parking on the street and insurance went up again because, you guessed it, it’s more of a target than it was in the secured unit.

It’s a scam.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
That's just showing off ?.

Where do you put all of your 'stuff' if your car is in the garage? Or, are you one of those decadent double garage people I've read about ?
Double garage but both my and Mrs Woofers cars are in there every night. Stuff? Lawnmower, bicycles (rarely used), are in the shed. With sensible racking, shelving and organisation, the paints, tools, car washing materials (yes, we do that ourselves), golf gear, beer and wine fridge can all be accommodated in the garage. Less used stuff, e.g patio umbrella, cushions, golf travel bags, etc goes up in the garage rafters (boarded) and comes out when needed.
Takes a bit of organisation but I CAN be arsed to do it.
Interestingly though some fairly posh looking new detached houses on the other side of town have been built without garages…..
Have to say we are in a minority, plenty of detached houses with double garages in the vicinity with two cars parked on the driveways.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
When I lived on an RAF base, I always tried to insist that, as I parked on camp with armed guards, it was safer than being on a drive or on the street. Most never budged and said it was a car park!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I think they just make it up to suit themselves. I went from parking on the street into a garage within a 24 hour security gated set of work units once. Insurance nearly doubled and when I questioned it they said it’s because it’s more of a target than it was on the street. 6 months later I went back to parking on the street and insurance went up again because, you guessed it, it’s more of a target than it was in the secured unit.

It’s a scam.

They twist it to suit themselves.

When I bought a motorcycle again, I had a conversation along the following lines when insuring it;

'Any no claims?'
'10 years on the car'
"That doesn't count as it's not a motorcycle. Any accidents?'
'Yes, but they don't count because they were in a car'
'Oh no, we need to know about them'