Absolute scumbags!

Newtonuti

Visit site
Had a couple of brushes with crime lately in my area. First off we caught someone on the ring doorbell looking into the car, then trying the front door with what looks like a knife in his hand. Luckily the dog went berserk and scared him off. Then last night, woken by the sound of a car alarm followed by a grinder at 1am. Straight away I knew it was a cat getting nicked. Jumped up to check the car, and the house opposite's car was on a jack surrounded by blokes. Ten seconds later and the cars down and the idiots are jumping into a nicked Audi and shooting off. Why can't people get jobs instead of ruining other peoples things?!?!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Not the same scale as a car.

Someone stole a set of goals from our recreation ground during Saturday night. They were the roll out type and were chained to a tree.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Guy across the road from my dad had his new Merc stolen last week. We had a look at his CCTV, it showed two scrotes walking along the Rd at 2.30am, they pause to look at the car, then they are joined by another one holding some device in the air, he goes up to the front door of the house, waves it around a bit, the hazard lights on the Merc flash twice, they all jump in and calmly drive off. Took 30 seconds! The car manufactures must start doing more about this type of theft.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Guy across the road from my dad had his new Merc stolen last week. We had a look at his CCTV, it showed two scrotes walking along the Rd at 2.30am, they pause to look at the car, then they are joined by another one holding some device in the air, he goes up to the front door of the house, waves it around a bit, the hazard lights on the Merc flash twice, they all jump in and calmly drive off. Took 30 seconds! The car manufactures must start doing more about this type of theft.

Keyless entry needs to go.. keyless start fine but keyless entry just causes issues

Springveldt

Visit site
Keyless entry. The Merc owner must have had his keys too close to the front of the house, the device basically pick up and boosts the signal from the key so they can open and start the car.

My mate was saying there were a few car thefts near his estate. The people doing it were cutting out glass windows (or through patio doors), entering the house and rummaging around till they found the car keys. Mental.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-tech/101890/how-to-avoid-keyless-theft

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/produ...best-faraday-bag-car-key-signal-blockers-2021

Newtonuti

Visit site

Absolute insanity how any company thought keyless entry would be a good idea! "I know, let's broadcast a signal from a key that unlocks your car, even if it turns out you aren't actually trying to get into it"

You even have to fit anti theft bolts to the front end of your corsa/fiesta nowadays as well, they just strip the front end and sell it on in parts. One got done round the corner from me last year.

RichA

Visit site
They didn't manage to steal my car a few months ago, but they did get inside it. The spare key was upstairs at the back of the house, at least 30 feet from where my neighbour saw the tea leaf with the booster device at the front window.
I slept through it, but neighbour chased them off. Reckon they lost the signal between unlocking and trying to start the engine.
Faraday pouches are an absolute must but they only work if everyone with a key uses them. ?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
We both always use a Faraday bag and keep the keys stored as far away from the driveway as possible for good measure!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
We keep both sets of key hung up next to the door. If someone wants either of our cars I’m not going to make it too difficult for them.

I know a couple of people who had their houses broken into for their cars. One was woken up in the middle of the night at knifepoint for the keys which were hidden. Our cars aren’t as nice as theirs were, but I rather that not happen to me.