A warning, if ever there was one!!....................

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Have a good one tomorrow Rob. Gutted I had to pull out but I'm sure that the lads will carry you round and do you proud. :ROFLMAO:

Absolutely superb day, probably the most fun I've had on a golf course for a good few years.
We all played well, competition was a four-ball Stableford, with the best two scores on each hole to count.
99 points won it, 94 was second, and we were third with 93.
The course was in fantastic condition, the member we played with was great company, and the weather was kind to us.
And I didn't crave a ciggie once!!!
?????

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Glad you had a great day Rob. 99 points :eek::eek:

You did well with 93.(y)
Problem is Rog, playing there again made me realise just how much I miss the place. Seriously considering chucking it in at Highwoods and returning to Cooden as a full member.
I love Cooden and the easy walking is a godsend now I'm knocking on a bit...
????

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Well done Smiffy!

They say the first 2 weeks are the hardest and you've smashed that! Keep it up!
Cheers mate.
Got to be honest, it's not been as hard as I imagined.
No really bad cravings or withdrawal symptoms thus far.
Still not using patches or lozenges etc.
Big test coming up end of next week as we are off to Kefalonia for two weeks.... if I can get through that, I'll know for sure I've cracked it.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Cheers mate.
Big test coming up end of next week as we are off to Kefalonia for two weeks.... if I can get through that, I'll know for sure I've cracked it.
You'll get through it no problem, mate. Partly because you're a man of strength and conviction, but mainly because Sam is likely to tear your balls off if you light one! ?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Cheers mate.

Beer in hand is when I struggle the most and I only smoked for a couple of years in my early twenties!

You can do it though!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Cheers mate.
Seems like you are one of the 'lucky' ones that doesn't get cravings - I've known a couple of others similarly 'blessed', while others have been true addicts.
Hope the good progress continues, especially at Kef. If 'under pressure' just recollect the 1st post story!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Well survived the two weeks in Kefalonia!
Got the craving a couple of times, I must be honest, especially while sitting in the bar at night with a beer or glass of red in my hand with seemingly everybody else around me smoking.
Also survived a trip into duty free on the way home when I went in to buy my mate Norman some tobacco!!
So that's 1 month, 17 days and 9 hours since I smoked my last one, (according to the app I have on my phone!!).
My oxygen Sats are now sitting at 97% (instead of the 92% they were struggling to reach during my hospital stay), I don't feel so bunged up or muzzy headed, and I am breathing a lot, lot easier, and quieter!!
Sleeping better, my blood pressure has dropped down to a more "normal level" (it was really high before), and my cough has completely disappeared. Still get a little breathless now and again, but after 55 years I guess the damage has been done.
Plus a visit to the driving range now sees me regularly putting it out there 180 yards with my driver, so good news all round!!!
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:(y)(y)

Last edited:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Follow up CT scan this morning. Can't believe it's been three months since this first started. Another appointment for next Tuesday lined up so should get the results then. Fingers crossed. Still not smoking, really proud of myself. Breathing a lot easier/quieter, sleeping and eating better. All still positive...???

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Follow up CT scan this morning. Can't believe it's been three months since this first started. Another appointment for next Tuesday lined up so should get the results then. Fingers crossed. Still not smoking, really proud of myself. Breathing a lot easier/quieter, sleeping and eating better. All still positive...???
Great news Rob, and also that you're not smoking!
Looks like I'll have to stand you that game ?.
Let me know your availability and also if anyone is interested to join us to see Rob play in the smoke free zone, let me know too.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
?????

I knew that mate
Played in their seniors open a few years ago.
Started raining as we walked up the first, didn't stop all day
Scorecard fell apart by the 9th, and we couldn't even see the green at the nearest the pin hole, let alone the pin!!!
?????
Can't be as bad as that rain soaked day at Cooden a few years back! Even Fish couldn't play ?.
Anyway, let me know Rob, and room for two more as I said earlier.