A Very Nearly Very Good Score

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played with friends today after not playing for a couple of weeks. Shot 40 points off 11 (8 over), which is the best score since last October. Conditions were good for me - i.e very little wind and not much rain, although course was still wet pretty wet in places. Not sure what my best score is around Bearwood but probably 5 over. Today, what could have gone better:
  • 3 - put looked in all the way for par from 20 foot - must have been a couple of millimeters from dropping
  • 5 - rubbish double bogey
  • 8 - poor tee shot & just short of greenside bunker in 2 - chip looked in and rolled over the hole - again, millimeters from going in - and then missed 4 footer back
  • 13 - getting nervous as 3 over and need to get 13 and 14 out of the way - poor drive and second left it 30 yard left of green - nice pitch left am 8 footer for par - again, missed by millimeters and missed the 3 footer to card a double!!!
  • 15 - missed another 4 footer for par
  • 16 - par 5 - disaster - trebble bogey!!
  • Birdied 17 and parred 18

After not playing well for a while, today could have been a dream score but for a coupe of wayward tee shots when I started thinking that the score could be good and about 4 puts that were so close that all could have dropped!!

A good warm up to meet the old folks next weekend - but scoring could have been a lot better despite it being very good for me!!

Apologies for the commentary but X factor is on so feeling bored and slightly disappointed that I didn't set a new low score!

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
just a fun game - no comp - but 95% was comfortable golf and not much of the wild that does me in usually - mainly decent tee shots, irons and putts - apart from the few stupid ones that were out of character with the rest!! Time to drink wine :D

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great score Paul:thup: Unlucky on 16, is that the par 5? Easy on paper though I remember it tripped me up when we played it.
Well played mate! How's the course at the moment?

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great score Paul:thup: Unlucky on 16, is that the par 5? Easy on paper though I remember it tripped me up when we played it.
Well played mate! How's the course at the moment?
Hey Dave - 16 is the par 5 - nothing hard about it really although trickier when the flag is at the front, like today - although all my fault - the only hole i played bad golf! It has been very wet here and the course can't escape - 5 and 8 are wet (both need work and will get it), but mostly the rest of the course is good - and the greens were very nice today

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good to see you have peaked too early Slasher.:thup:

you could be right Rich - but I easily have a few good holes and my new "youngster" team mate will do the rest - you know how tired you older guys get, especially in this colder weather!!! Looking forward to it:)

D

Deleted member 1740

Hey Dave - 16 is the par 5 - nothing hard about it really although trickier when the flag is at the front, like today - although all my fault - the only hole i played bad golf! It has been very wet here and the course can't escape - 5 and 8 are wet (both need work and will get it), but mostly the rest of the course is good - and the greens were very nice today

Good shooting mate, does 8 not drain into the pond?

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hey Stu - it used to but since they massively enlarged the lake and put sleepers in, they completely messed up the drainage and need to do it all again!! Coming to see you next year mate :D - I think I may have been a little tipsy last time!

D

Deleted member 1740

Hey Stu - it used to but since they massively enlarged the lake and put sleepers in, they completely messed up the drainage and need to do it all again!! Coming to see you next year mate :D - I think I may have been a little tipsy last time!

Ah right so it's not just our club that mess up drainage projects!

Haha I've got a couple of pics here , a before and after shot :D

It'll be great to catch up mate:cheers:

D

Deleted member 1740

You was definately on downhill side of Tipsy mate...Has Fleet ever seen a Monday night like that? :D

Haha that was one of The funniest nights I've ever had!

The kebab was well better than your frozen pizza :D

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good to hear you're still around mate. We were worried for you after HFH
Thought you'd been kidnapped and held hostage on the Wirral.

There had been no ransom demands, not that we'd have paid it:D

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I look forward to seeing you in action next Sunday Paul.
There are two things I always take a great deal of pleasure from when playing golf.
1. Seeing somebody play well and stroke the ball around like a true artist
or.
2. Lovely bacon rolls.

I sincerely hope and pray that they are not too crusty.