A to Z E.D.M.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Love his elbow moving... tb303 is best kit ever

And yet it was deemed a failure when it was launched but found it’s way through the rise of EDM in the late 80s many years after originally being discontinued.

Whist I love the 303, I think the 909 is probably the most significant, especially in the hardcore/grabber circles. Many of my favourite and most recognisable beats and patterns from over the years came from a 909.

Forget all the DJ’s and artists that made electronic music, I think that Roland is the single most important name in EDM with the 303/909 and the legendary Juno synths being used in probably 90% of the music I/we grew up with.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can't believe this is 30 years old. This, along with Entropya - Mind Cables were tracks heavily responsible for my enduring love of electronic music.
Cracking track with that unmistakable italo-house flavour. Enjoy!

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Jeezuz Greig; Think you'd (well I would) have to be under the influence of something a bit stronger than 'electric soup'to last the pace at these 'do's'????
Sorry mate, but not my kind of beat/tempo (must be an age thing:whistle:)....But as long as you can get into it then great---Do you Disco/nightclub/rave this stuff???
No, think I'll sit in a corner and listen/get my kicks on a sedate little Gavotte:LOL:

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not an EDM fan but love house music. Been DJing since the mid 90's and been streaming all the way through lockdown on Sundays and have carried on.

I play Soulful House mainly, got a mixcloud site of all my mixes which I'll post if allowed.

The Sasha/Digweed Renaissance compilation is one of the best mix compilation's ever. Pretty sure most will have checked it out but if not it's amazing.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
A bit off genre, but I appreciated the skills..

Recall watching the UK regionals at the Hac & in the interval Norman Cook + LL performing dub be good to me

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Got my eye on a couple of these brilliant little Korg Volca units. Everything from FM Synths, Beat makers and analogue samplers. All battery powered and under £150 each. Impressive kit and they all interlink via MIDI.