A 'sweet' tip for winter mats

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
If your winter mats are not receptive to tee pegs, try using a polo mint as your tee, I have been doing this for a couple of years now, the sugar free ones work best :thup:

Any other top tips for winter play ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If your winter mats are not receptive to tee pegs, try using a polo mint as your tee, I have been doing this for a couple of years now, the sugar free ones work best :thup:

Any other top tips for winter play ?

The fruit ones are better as you can colour custom fit them to your outfit....

GMC1981

Club Champion
Visit site
Dont play rubbish golf courses that have mats?

Unless you’re a member of a links course then I’d imagine most inland course will be off mats . The two resort courses around my area that try to keep the course fully open as much as possible aren’t up to the greatest condition the
y should be come the summer months due to the overuse in the winter .

D

Deleted member 15344

Unless you’re a member of a links course then I’d imagine most inland course will be off mats . The two resort courses around my area that try to keep the course fully open as much as possible aren’t up to the greatest condition the
y should be come the summer months due to the overuse in the winter .

I don’t think i have ever seen an inland course of mats - the only courses I see where you have to use mats are links courses which then makes a bit of a mockery of the “links giving golf 365 days a year”

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don’t think i have ever seen an inland course of mats - the only courses I see where you have to use mats are links courses which then makes a bit of a mockery of the “links giving golf 365 days a year”

We only have mats on our par 3's, to protect the tee's from the divots us good golfers take :whistle:

D

Deleted member 1147

We use mats when it gets very wet, just to protect the fairways.
We’re very inland.

GMC1981

Club Champion
Visit site

Every course I’ve been a member of up here it’s been off mats come Nov 1st or play from the rough . I’m about 30 mile from the decent courses of the coast which are more payable over the winter .

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
We use mats when it gets very wet, just to protect the fairways.
We’re very inland.
Thinking about it I have never played off a mat apart from a links course. Can’t imagine mats on a heathland course, and even wet parkland courses dont seem to have then down here.

D

Deleted member 1147

I used to play on a course which made us tee the ball up in winter when on the fairway. But most of us just tee’d it low and still took divots.

D

Deleted member 1147

It did help some players on par 5’s as well, made them reachable for the first time.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Guys guys guys... we all know the solution here

oHkp56

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I used to play on a course which made us tee the ball up in winter when on the fairway. But most of us just tee’d it low and still took divots.

Must be some cracking scores if playing off tees, perfect lie every time you on the fairway

D

Deleted member 1147

Must be some cracking scores if playing off tees, perfect lie every time you on the fairway

You’d think wouldn’t you!
Yes, we did have some interesting results in the winter league.