A little help please – Wild Slice!

A

Alex1975

Hi all,

I have been having some issues the last little while and a mate told me it’s because I spend so much time analyzing it and talking about it on the forum. This may well be true and so I have not said anything about it and have tried to use the forum and range a little less (that has not really worked). Ball striking has never been a big problem for me; in the summer I would go as far as to say I was a good striker of the ball but I have got in such a muddle now I can’t find my way out.

I went to the range yesterday after reading an inspiring post here. Stepped up and hit two sweet balls followed by 88 wild slices. I mean hard right off the club no matter what speed or club I hit. I tried to slow down, watch the ball more, all arms, proper swing, grip, everything. I was blown away, I don’t think I hit the ball that bad the first time I ever played.

Went back up today and it was the same thing. After about twenty minutes of losing my mind I looked at my club head to see that I had hit every ball off the heal. The toe of the club was clean and the heal and hosel where white from ball miss hits.

So, I though, I must be standing too close. I had a play and I did not really feel that I was and that by standing back I was sitting down too much, like a bad skier. Anyway I could stand back and aim up to the ball with the toe of the club rather than the center and hit a good shot. Even then it was center or off center towards the toe. It has cheered me up a little as I now at least know what to be looking at.

Does anyone have any ideas that may help me, any and all comments welcome. I am lost on space on this one. Am I falling forward at impact? If so standing back will not help? Oh ill stop guessing and wait for you guys.

Thanks

Al

PS sorry Steve, I know I should not be on here asking this :eek:

A

Alex1975

PPS All this tinkering started as I was hitting the ball fat, now I think about it could this be the same thing?

A

Alex1975

519 posts in 2 months, averaging 10 per day - your mates right! :D

Ye ye, I know, I am one of them though, when I get into something I really get into it. Not many of those posts are about me... well lets go for not all of them :eek:

Na I do take part in alot of other chat posts and stuff and try and help others.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Na I do take part in alot of other chat posts and stuff and try and help others.

[/QUOTE]

If you are hitting it that badly stop helping others :D

A

Alex1975

If you are hitting it that badly stop helping others :D

[/QUOTE]

you know what, i get the joke, i am not saying i help others with there swing more that i try to join in. i was actualy after some help here and not to be made to feel like i am doing something wrong by asking.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Sounds like a case of the shanks... you were hitting irons? The ball literally went about 60yds, low and hard right?

Allow enough space between your hands and your thighs at setup otherwise you can get a bit squished then the hands have to move away from the body and you hit the ball with the hosel.

(Definition: A shank is where the ball just clips the hosel and flies off to the right, sometimes referred to as a 'Murph' or a 'Mog') :rolleyes:

A

Alex1975

Sounds like a case of the shanks... you were hitting irons? The ball literally went about 60yds, low and hard right?

Allow enough space between your hands and your thighs at setup otherwise you can get a bit squished then the hands have to move away from the body and you hit the ball with the hosel.

(Definition: A shank is where the ball just clips the hosel and flies off to the right, sometimes referred to as a 'Murph' or a 'Mog') :rolleyes:

Thanks very much, this is exactly what I was doing. You were saying about my hands at address and it seems that they were actualy too far away from my thighs and I was reaching for the ball.

I took a few days off practice and did not pick a putter or wedge up at home. Had a much better practice tonight on the range, my swing was alot more compact. a few balls leaked right but most were nice and straight and back to the usual power.

Feeling alot better about things now. Thanks again.

Al