a golfers nightmare

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
February is always a depressing month for us golfers as summer feels so far away and winter golf is no longer a novelty but this weekends snow resulted in all golf plans being cancelled and has left me utterly depressed and in need of some good weather!

Is any one else desperate for the Masters to arrive along with some competitive summer golf?

Up_Point_1

Head Pro
Visit site
Paul09 - You are most definitely not alone feeling just a tad depressed with golf at the moment.

I too cannot wait to see the back of the Winter months as i'm now thoroughly hacked off with Winter golf. Mud everywhere, plugged lies, constant cleaning of clubs & shoes, temporary greens, trolley bans, playing in 5 layers of clothing, oh I could go on.

I try and cheer myself up watching the European Tour from the various exotic locations around the world, but all that appears to do is pee me off even more ;-)

DHM

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
Can feel the distress and very much sharing it with you! Can't help but slip further into the mire thouhg when i consider that it is so long until the Masters even... doh!
What we need is some more global warming and a storming w e of sun coming up so we can all hit the course and feel much better! AM sure my work on the range is going to pay off!

B

birdieman

Empathy all round, I mean just how much carpet-putting can you do? I have a net rigged up in the garden and have a 40 yard pitch area which has now got no grass left, thats about 1000m2 of solid divots! I climb the walls in the winter but this year invested in a weights bench so am now a lot stronger than last October which I'm hoping will add some yards this season. My other winter 'escape' is Ebay where I spend endless winter evenings buying and then later usually selling golf gadgets, clothing, clubs etc which I really dont need. Sad I know, but that's winter in Britain. Only 3.5 weeks until our opening Florida scramble -counting the days!