A game of two halves

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I was lucky enough to get two rounds today...

My first round was a disaster, couldn't hit an iron, couldn't hit a wood and yes, couldn't make a putt. shot 110.

My second round was alot better, although still struggling off the tee I was solid with my irons and was making plenty of putts. shot 97.

Bearing in mind i'm back to a 28 handicap, anything under 100 i'm happy with at present. I've only been playing a year, and with no natural golf ability its taken alot of hard work. I'm below 100 more times than not at the moment and to get my handicap below 25 this year is my target.

stevo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think chipping and putting is the key,If you can get your short game right your scores will dramatically drop.Just practice as much as you can.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
How come you played twice. Once was more than enough in the conditions today. If it had been me I'd have played the first round and gone down the range to work on what had gone wrong.

Bet your feeling a bit tired now though

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
How come you played twice. Once was more than enough in the conditions today. If it had been me I'd have played the first round and gone down the range to work on what had gone wrong.

Bet your feeling a bit tired now though

I had always planned to play twice today no matter how i played but when i have a bad round i find i just think too much if i go over the range. Another round shortly after usually fixes the faults... especially as my main fault is swinging too fast.

Also we havent had any rain today, just a bit of wind and the temp dropping like a stone from 2pm.