A French Letter

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Folks - have to share....

Just got back from a long weekend in northern France with the lads. Three great courses (L'Ailette, Reims & Arras). First two courses were splendid but my golf indifferent - 25 points on day one and 30 on day two. But day three....

The fades & slices which had crept from nowhere (my bad shot is a stupendous hook) disappeared. A steady start was then followed by my best run of holes ever played. Nine consecutive holes played in just three over par (might not be impressive to the lower handicappers, but to someone off 26 ???) 26 points off the nine holes including two consecutive birdies (gross). Two balls into the water on 18 dampened my ardour a bit though. Nett 69 on a par 72.

Another thread was questionning real driving distances - and someone thought that some posted replies were a bit overestimated (and quite possibly mine?). In this round I was averaging about 280. Holes at 350yds - driver & short pitch, 430yds - driver & six iron (5ft putt for birdie on SI.2 - yahooo). Best, 500 yd par 5, driver & 3 iron to green. (Gawd knows how far they have gone if the ground had dried & there was some run... )

And Forest got promoted over the weekend as well ! (Commiserations, MWJ). Chuffed?? You bet - although best to let my head shrink a bit now.... (And thanks for reading if you have.....)

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
That is a fantastic effort.

Glad I wasnt the oppo, I would have been looking for a tree with a length of rope in my hands!!

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well done, Backwoodsman. It's what it's all about, isn't it? A grand effort. Chuffed for you. Bet you'll remember that round for a long time.