A Class Champion

Owen_Thomas_14

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We had our Championship Qualifier last Saturday​ and I missed out on the Club Championship Qualifying(Top 16) by 1 shot :(. Due to missing out in that I made it into the A Class Championship (6-9 handicap) and had my first match on Tuesday night.

I won my match 2&1 but played the best golf I have this year which opened my eyes that I needed to step my game up to win this competition.

On Friday I had my semi final match and i was 2up through 9 but the wheels started coming off 😂. After a 3ft miss on 17 I saw myself 1 down. I finally woke up and ripped my best drive of the day just short of the green and got up and down for the Birdie to force a sudden death play off. After another ripped drive I got up and down for another Birdie to win the match and get through to the Final 😀.

In the Final I had a very close friend as my opponent but that didn't stop me chipping in for an Eagle on the first and then proceed to get a 4up lead through 8. I eventually won 4&3 and become the A Class Champion 😀.

After 3 really bad years of golf, this year has been great already for me seeing my handicap tumble from 9.8 to 7.7. I've also won a medal and get inside the Top 5 in a few competitions. Hard work really has paid off and this was the icing on the cake!

Sorry for the long pointless post but I'm so happy at the moment:rofl:

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We had our Championship Qualifier last Saturday​ and I missed out on the Club Championship Qualifying(Top 16) by 1 shot :(. Due to missing out in that I made it into the A Class Championship (6-9 handicap) and had my first match on Tuesday night.

I won my match 2&1 but played the best golf I have this year which opened my eyes that I needed to step my game up to win this competition.

On Friday I had my semi final match and i was 2up through 9 but the wheels started coming off 😂. After a 3ft miss on 17 I saw myself 1 down. I finally woke up and ripped my best drive of the day just short of the green and got up and down for the Birdie to force a sudden death play off. After another ripped drive I got up and down for another Birdie to win the match and get through to the Final 😀.

In the Final I had a very close friend as my opponent but that didn't stop me chipping in for an Eagle on the first and then proceed to get a 4up lead through 8. I eventually won 4&3 and become the A Class Champion 😀.

After 3 really bad years of golf, this year has been great already for me seeing my handicap tumble from 9.8 to 7.7. I've also won a medal and get inside the Top 5 in a few competitions. Hard work really has paid off and this was the icing on the cake!

Sorry for the long pointless post but I'm so happy at the moment:rofl:

No need to apologise. It's great to see people doing well.

Enjoy :thup:

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I read the title differently to how the thread turned out (a bit like tashy and the hooker thread, now there's one for Scorsese.. :) )

i thought the the fella who won bought the ale for everyone, or carried a oppo over the line a la brownlee bros, or tried to help a bad swing...

but no, it's another self indulgent I won thread! :(

haha, only messing. Well played! :thup:

D

Deleted member 21258

Congratulations, best of been a great buzz bouncing back after not making the cut. Good going:thup:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Interesting you have a handicap restriction on this and its called class A.

ours is open to all handicaps and is divided in to best 8 qualifiers scratch and 8 handicap

Owen_Thomas_14

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks guys :)

It's a strange one with the handicap bracket as the Club Championship is open to whoever qualifies (Top 16) but then it's the top 8 of the 6-9 handicappers that get into the A Class 🤔.

Suppose you just play against whoever you are put up against as all our Championships are drawn from a hat. That's the way I look at it 😂