A challange / some bragging rights /a good cause

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just a quick heads up for those donating so I can see where the cash is coming from....please donate on the GM HFH link....this one......

http://www.bmycharity.com/GolfMonthlyForumHFH2013

.................and please leave a note in the message what its for....eg GM challenge bet /bragging rights bet etc....
There are lots of donations being made for other reasons and I just need to bucketise them.......cheers in advance.....

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
another great knock today got me 0.1 back. even with four of us in the group we needed extra fingers and toes to count my score.

finished the challenge on 18.6

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Right Hawkeye ...

This weekend I shot 39 point on Saturday in our Memorial Trophy and a gross 75 (68 nett) this morning in a monthly medal ...

However, neither of which were qualifying :rant:

Pretty annoyed but they had to do it as there was some quite big work going on around the greens meaning we were playing Winter Rules.

So, my proposal, is that we go for broke tomorrow. Best score to decide? Whatcha think?

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Right Hawkeye ...

This weekend I shot 39 point on Saturday in our Memorial Trophy and a gross 75 (68 nett) this morning in a monthly medal ...

However, neither of which were qualifying :rant:

Pretty annoyed but they had to do it as there was some quite big work going on around the greens meaning we were playing Winter Rules.

So, my proposal, is that we go for broke tomorrow. Best score to decide? Whatcha think?

You must be gutted that they were non-qualifiers! Well played all the same.

Your idea would be great aside from the fact I'm not playing tomorrow!

We could either agree on an honourable tie, or take the results of our next qualifiers as the decider?

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You must be gutted that they were non-qualifiers! Well played all the same.

Your idea would be great aside from the fact I'm not playing tomorrow!

We could either agree on an honourable tie, or take the results of our next qualifiers as the decider?

Cheers fella. I just re-read the first post and it says about a tie being a fiver each so happy to do that if you wish? Not sure when I'm going to be able to play a qualifier again if the course is still going to be winter rules for the Medal Final next week so may be best to get it over and done with?

But happy to do it on next one if you prefer.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Although I hit my target for the year, my opponent mcbroon was just too hot to keep up with.

I finished on 8.6, mcbroon I believe on an impressive 7.8

Well played Sir! :clap:

Have a great day tomorrow all those who are lucky enough to be playing, the weather forecast looks favourable!

Airlie_Andy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Airlie_Andy(16) v Rosecott (16)
Airlie_Andy(16) v Wherediditgo (15.9)

Well I finished on 14.4 so I'm probably paying up but haven't heard anything from my opponents yet.

mcbroon

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Although I hit my target for the year, my opponent mcbroon was just too hot to keep up with.

I finished on 8.6, mcbroon I believe on an impressive 7.8

Well played Sir! :clap:

Have a great day tomorrow all those who are lucky enough to be playing, the weather forecast looks favourable!

Ah, thanks very much mate :eek:

Yep, 7.8 was how it finished. Started off like a train but then levelled out a bit as the season progressed. The back end of the season has been a bit more average but I've played a good bit less lately than I did to begin with - been away a bit with work and baby no. 2 is due any day now, so family commitments have taken precedence.

Delighted to see you hit your target too, particularly after your early season tribulations. I'll happily match the H4H donation - getting into single figures deserves the recognition :thup:

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
payment made to the charity site for Fish and G1BB0, also £5 for scoring less then Homer. I knew I should have looked away every time he swung his club at Woburn.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
£10 PAID .Bill martin .comment = loss of bragging rights bet to Liverbirdie . forgot to put forum name on it ..

COME ON GUYS & GALS , lets be paying up to boost the hard work that boys have already done

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
£10 PAID .Bill martin .comment = loss of bragging rights bet to Liverbirdie . forgot to put forum name on it ..

COME ON GUYS & GALS , lets be paying up to boost the hard work that boys have already done
Well done Bill. A fairly close run thing in the end, with you coming down over the last few weeks. It inspired me to go in Sunday's comp to make sure and I got a 0.3 cut, to finish on 6.2 (I think). Well done for paying so quick. :thup: LB

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well done Bill. A fairly close run thing in the end, with you coming down over the last few weeks. It inspired me to go in Sunday's comp to make sure and I got a 0.3 cut, to finish on 6.2 (I think). Well done for paying so quick. :thup: LB

Cheers mate , i know everyone will pay up , so what started as a bit of craic between the 2 of us earns over £300 for the charity, happy days .. well done on the cut , id love to get to 6 .. 3 qualifiers left i think , heres hoping ..