915 first impression

RaCs

Club Champion
Visit site
Hit mine for the first time today and all I can say is WOW. I got the D2 @ 10.5, the F @ 15 and the H @ 21, all with the Diamana S+ Blue all in regular flex.

This is the first time i've owned Titleist woods and boy am I glad I've got them. The performance of D2 is what has impressed me the most. On 8 holes I used it on, I split 6 fairways with the other 2 just off into the 2nd cut and I gained at least 10 yards in distance over my previous driver (Nike Covert, 1st edition). The shaft is perfect for my swing and every time I got to the top of the back swing I felt completely in control and knew that I would connect well! My confidence just continued to get better with the D2 as the round went on. I'm a moderate swinger but with the S+ I felt i could have been a bit more aggressive and still had enough control to get it on the fairway and probably more distance. The F is a monster and goes an absolute mile!!! Didn't use much of the hybrid so can't really give accurate feedback just yet.

Overall I am extremely happy and super excited to get even more accustomed to these beauties! The weekend can't come soon enough

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hit mine for the first time today and all I can say is WOW. I got the D2 @ 10.5, the F @ 15 and the H @ 21, all with the Diamana S+ Blue all in regular flex.

This is the first time i've owned Titleist woods and boy am I glad I've got them. The performance of D2 is what has impressed me the most. On 8 holes I used it on, I split 6 fairways with the other 2 just off into the 2nd cut and I gained at least 10 yards in distance over my previous driver (Nike Covert, 1st edition). The shaft is perfect for my swing and every time I got to the top of the back swing I felt completely in control and knew that I would connect well! My confidence just continued to get better with the D2 as the round went on. I'm a moderate swinger but with the S+ I felt i could have been a bit more aggressive and still had enough control to get it on the fairway and probably more distance. The F is a monster and goes an absolute mile!!! Didn't use much of the hybrid so can't really give accurate feedback just yet.

Overall I am extremely happy and super excited to get even more accustomed to these beauties! The weekend can't come soon enough

I love Titleist and have no doubt that the 915 range is good but reviews like this do make me laugh (and you must understand I am responding to this as an example not specifically aiming it at you :D).

No driver, no matter how good can turn you into a straight driver of the ball. It's much like all the SLDR mini posts claiming people hardly miss fairways.

A driver only hits a ball straight with a decent swing, no matter who makes it.

RaCs

Club Champion
Visit site
I love Titleist and have no doubt that the 915 range is good but reviews like this do make me laugh (and you must understand I am responding to this as an example not specifically aiming it at you :D).

No driver, no matter how good can turn you into a straight driver of the ball. It's much like all the SLDR mini posts claiming people hardly miss fairways.

I have always been an average driver of the ball but with this club, after using it for the first time, has given me new found confidence off the tee which can only be a good thing. It just seemed to work for me. Maybe its first time user luck but what I said above is how it really went down but perhaps when I go out this weekend it won't be the case! Will just have to wait and see. I do agree that it is more the swing and technique of the player that hits good/straight shots rather than the club! My technique is probably one of my strengths along with my short game but my long game has always been inconsistent.

the smiling assassin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Mine did. Switch from Ping G15 to 913D2.
3/4" shorter shaft, 3deg more loft (9 to 12) and 1.5deg upright.
Result, no more low power slices - lots of high straight balls, ok, perhaps a gentle fade.
No swing change. Instant longer and straighter drives.
I used to aim up the LHS of every fairway with the G15, now I can pick a spot.
Admittedly though, despite the idiosyncrasies of my swing (I hit across the ball and -9deg down with the driver) it's still a decent enough one to keep me comfortably in cat 1.

Hickory_Hacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I've got loft up at 11.25 with face open to C4 with stiff diamana blue shaft, it feels very stable and soft at impact and ball rockets off the face

Cool, I've got the 9.5* head and I'm right handed -

I'm going to live on the edge tonight (@ the range) and change it from the D4 setting, danger.

D

Deleted member 3432

Got my first look at the 915D2 this morning. I was only able to try it with the Rogue shaft and was certainly not overwhelmed by it. The sound and feel is different to the 913, and not I n a better way. I could live with that if there was a significant performance gain but the Rogue shaft did not work for me, felt no where near as solid and stable as the Oban Devotion I have in my 913.
I will be having another demo when my local guy has a wider range of shaft options to try.