915 first impression

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I had a bash at Silvermere with a 915 D3 and a 915 Fd 3wood, both in the Diamana shaft. I currently have a 910 D3 with a full RIP shaft, so a comparison between a 910 and 915 is something I was looking foward to.

My immediate impression on first hit is the sound. The 910 has a crunching sound whereas the 915 has a loud crack, more inline with TM. Tbh, I didn't like it, with sound reflecting the firmness of the face, but this was in a bay environment so outside the sound should dissipate.

The stock shaft didn't too much for me either, felt a bit unresponsive with the hard face, so in order to compare Titleist heads, I cheekily used my SureFit tool and popped the 915 head on my specific shaft. The feel was a bit better but the face still comes with crack and feels hard. The launch certainly looked lower, yet without LM details, I can't confirm. It may infer from this that I wasn't enamoured with the driver. A little bit, yes, but I'd like to pursue further via an official fit.

The fairway wood was a different kettle of fish. Lovely sound and great performance, even with the stock shaft. It's long off the tee and fabulous off the deck. Can't wait to get hold off this using a LM, decent balls and a different proper shaft.

Can't wait to try the Nike Vapor Pro and Mizuno drivers!

the part in bold is becoming very common with many

Siren

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have always struggled to hit a 3 wood, tried this today and was blown away 230 carry and very very easy to hit. I didnt try the FD model as I was more than happy with the F.

Hickory_Hacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The wrapper came off this morning and it wasn't a bad day. Probably a little tentative but it felt good, I threw in one complete stinker but in my world that's allowed.

It's in the bag and definitely better than my 913 :thup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was flicking on the Facebook page of a club I am toying with moving to. The pro there posted that by the end of 15.11 he had already sold 8 x 915's. For a local club shop, one that does custom fit and has a good reputation to be fair, that seems pretty good to me taking into account the cost of the club. No recession when it comes to new shinies.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I had a nut with a taped up 915D2 yesterday.

Rogue shaft, in stiff, is nice. Went like a rocket.

Maybe my 910D2 finally has some competition. Perhaps now it'll behave :D

Despo Dan

Hacker
Visit site
Not a lover of any the woods they produce as they just seem to lack something not sure what but they just don't float my boat, a guy was using one in the group in front of me on Saturday and I must say he was hitting some real duff shots off the tee with it.

taylormade for me as far as drivers go.

Retread61

Assistant Pro
www.nutriment.co
Surely tho its the shaft thats the real decider? I am def going to have a try out with these down at Saunton with a bunch of shafts. Was chatting with the pro there and he said the biggy with this club is that Titleist are going to be just using propriety shafts and not "made for". SO in essence every club gets the upgrade shaft.

MarkA

Head Pro
Visit site
Nothing has managed to get my 910 D2 out of my bag - I bought a 913 d3 but never really got on with it as it didn't do anything the 910 did. Maybe i'll have a look at the 915 but there's something about Titleist drivers that are right solid,reliable and reassuring not flash and once you get used to them they take some usurping

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nothing has managed to get my 910 D2 out of my bag - I bought a 913 d3 but never really got on with it as it didn't do anything the 910 did. Maybe i'll have a look at the 915 but there's something about Titleist drivers that are right solid,reliable and reassuring not flash and once you get used to them they take some usurping

Really agree with this, still see lots of old Titleist drivers about and an awful lot of 910's are still in peoples bags.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
The fairway wood was a different kettle of fish. Lovely sound and great performance, even with the stock shaft. It's long off the tee and fabulous off the deck. Can't wait to get hold off this using a LM, decent balls and a different proper shaft.
!

I had another bash with the 915 fairway woods yesterday. A simply beautiful stick which will be making its way into my bag after fitting. :D

Dave B

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have a well worn 10.5 degree 910 and a very little used 12 degree. I can't justify a 915 but was tempted on a new 913 head only for £85.

While it may only be a moderate upgrade from the 910 it'll do until the 917 comes out and the 915 drops in price ;)

ForeRighty

Head Pro
Visit site
image.jpg first range session this evening and felt as nice as it did during fitting roll on Saturday morning. I haven't been this buzzing to play in a while.

ForeRighty

Head Pro
Visit site
I've got loft up at 11.25 with face open to C4 with stiff diamana blue shaft, it feels very stable and soft at impact and ball rockets off the face

Last edited: