915 first impression

m10johnson

Head Pro
Visit site
I am in the fortunate position to have already tried the 915 woods, before their release tomorrow.

I have to say I was very impressed with the fairway woods and hybrid. With ARC being new to Titleist, I have to say that on these clubs especially it felt tremendous off the face, as the slot is very close to the front of the face, like the original TM RBZ.

The driver felt a little different of the face, less springy. The ball flight was extremely penetrating and produced around 300 revs less compared to the 913. All clubs were tested with the new Aldila rogue shaft, which felt superb.

All in all, I think the new year could get expensive for myself.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I went for a wack a few weeks back at a special sneak preview. The titliest guy said " i wont be able to put anything in you hands that'll spin less than your sldr 430 with that shaft.

The 3 wood was awesome off the deck

Hickory_Hacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Fitted last Friday and collected it this morning, £329.99 with a dozen ProV1 X's.

My 913 got a good trade in @ 90 quid, happy days :D

For info ... It goes pretty straight but it's not invincible, I've no doubt that Adam Scott will hit it better :thup:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Fitted last Friday and collected it this morning, £329.99 with a dozen ProV1 X's.

For info ... It goes pretty straight but it's not invincible, I've no doubt that Adam Scott will hit it better :thup:

had a look them in the pro shop today, i have to say they sit better than the two pre versions, would have gone a hit them had it not for the fact i was wearing sued loafers and a tweed jacket:(

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

pretty good price and baws thrown in:thup:

what shaft did you go for?

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The hybrid is so good.
I went to get a 913h on sale today, and it was good, but the 915 was better, 10yards carry better, and better dispersion.

It is so long it's almost silly, I am going to go back and try it in a higher loft because it is probably too long for the gap I need it for.

(Hit the 18 degree with aldila rogue black stiff shaft).

ForeRighty

Head Pro
Visit site
I was very lucky to get fit for this driver by golf monthly, Its got a super forgiving face and a lovely solid feel to it.

I cannot wait for my 915 D2 Driver to arrive.

I am also going to invest in the 16.5 fairway over the weekend.

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have had the 910 since new which i hit long and mostly straight , will have to test the new one to see how good it is before changing

NST

Head Pro
Visit site
Played about with the 915f 5 wood 3/4 weeks ago, great ball flight, easy to hit. Preferred the stiffer shaft of the ones I hit. Going to have another go when I've got more time to go through all the options. I like the fact product lines come out every other year and when I want to upgrade I should get reasonable money for my used clubs.

Dave B

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have 910 D2 and it will take a lot to get this club out of the bag. Has anybody compared the two and is the 915 worth the upgrade as I have heard that the 913 offers very little in terms of improvement over the 910

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have 910 D32and it will take a lot to get this club out of the bag. Has anybody compared the two and is the 915 worth the upgrade as I have heard that the 913 offers very little in terms of improvement over the 910

I had a bash at Silvermere with a 915 D3 and a 915 Fd 3wood, both in the Diamana shaft. I currently have a 910 D3 with a full RIP shaft, so a comparison between a 910 and 915 is something I was looking foward to.

My immediate impression on first hit is the sound. The 910 has a crunching sound whereas the 915 has a loud crack, more inline with TM. Tbh, I didn't like it, with sound reflecting the firmness of the face, but this was in a bay environment so outside the sound should dissipate.

The stock shaft didn't too much for me either, felt a bit unresponsive with the hard face, so in order to compare Titleist heads, I cheekily used my SureFit tool and popped the 915 head on my specific shaft. The feel was a bit better but the face still comes with crack and feels hard. The launch certainly looked lower, yet without LM details, I can't confirm. It may infer from this that I wasn't enamoured with the driver. A little bit, yes, but I'd like to pursue further via an official fit.

The fairway wood was a different kettle of fish. Lovely sound and great performance, even with the stock shaft. It's long off the tee and fabulous off the deck. Can't wait to get hold off this using a LM, decent balls and a different proper shaft.

Can't wait to try the Nike Vapor Pro and Mizuno drivers!