910 D3 Stock shafts.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think the OP needs to take a breath and relax. Titleist offer more stock shafts than almost any other manufacturer, and a load of custom shafts. The stock options include some pretty good options for better players with faster swing speeds, so it is simply wrong to say they don't cater for a reasonable range of players. The RIP is not to everyone's liking (including mine) but it is not a bad shaft for the right player. PX is also a good option for the better player and the Ahina (whiteboard equivalent) is a lower launching shaft with some weight in it, and also worth a look in X flex.

WeekendWarrior

Assistant Pro
Visit site
See where your coming from ethan. I wasnt really comparing titleist to other brands just to their previous lines. I only started when the 909 came out but the options in 'Titleist own' shafts seemed to be much better. Im going to go on a swing monitor and see what they can come up with! Problem is im already paying 250 for a driver dont really want to be adding on 100 for a shaft!

Cheers though guys!

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
See where your coming from ethan. I wasnt really comparing titleist to other brands just to their previous lines. I only started when the 909 came out but the options in 'Titleist own' shafts seemed to be much better. Im going to go on a swing monitor and see what they can come up with! Problem is im already paying 250 for a driver dont really want to be adding on 100 for a shaft!

Cheers though guys!

The 910 is a better driver than 909 and has a better range of shafts. Don't be too influenced with what anyone (including me) recommends, but go to a fitting with an open mind. The fitting will look at the shaft choice, flex and face angle and loft of the club, and between that list of options, they wil find something which gives you the optimal trajectory. There are plenty of pros playing with shafts from the cheaper end of the custom list, so I am sure there is one that suits you.

The PX in the 910 is a Tour issue version, not the "retail" version offered by some other manufacturers. The stock version (6.0) is fairly stout, so the 6.5 or 7.0 should suit your swing speed.

T

thecraw

My mate Callum who is a beast off the tea ended up paying £320 for his 910 D3 with a custom upgrade. He is long, scary long!

A

Alex1975

My mate Callum who is a beast off the tea ended up paying £320 for his 910 D3 with a custom upgrade. He is long, scary long!

What shaft was that? Any idea what the upcharge was?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Fine, but some shafts are expensive. You really don't have to buy if you don't want it.
Some shafts are 500 odd quid. Not for us mortals, But if that is what you can afford........

WeekendWarrior

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I see where your coming from murph. But I dont want to pay much extra because I have a quick drive swing a hopefully the project x will suit me ! We will have to see !

WeekendWarrior

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Excellent not sure if local golf shop will give me similar rate to this !
Don't really want to risk an online site fe something I may need to return.
Maybe get fitted however it's 30 pounds to get just fitted and not buy. Might aswell pay the extra 15 !

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If nothing else it gives you an idea of what the upcharge should be when trying various shafts, and that some pretty decent shafts come with relatively small upcharges

WeekendWarrior

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I cant wait to get my hands on that fubuki shaft. Its supposed to be a little softer than others so have been recommended an xstiff at 71 grams. Ordered it off the website as im not paying over the odds for something im already paying over the odds for !!!

T

thecraw

How are you paying "over the odds" for a club that is priced fairly?